Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 SATA Stopped Working

Last response: in Motherboards
April 19, 2012 2:45:26 AM

Hi,

Tonight I got home and turned on my computer only to be faced with an error saying that no OS was found. Sure enough, after rebooting and checking the BIOS, only my optical drive and second hard drive were showing up. After fiddling with the SATA cables and ports, it seems that plugging anything into SATA ports 1 through 4 do not show up in the BIOS.

Luckily this thing has 8 of them, and with 4 devices, I am able to have the machine working for now, and no other issues have manifested themselves. My question is thusly: Are there any other diagnostics I can perform, or settings I may be able to change that I can do to get these working again, or should I simple contact Gigabyte for support. There certainly doesn't seem to be any mention of this problem that I could find here or elsewhere, so I am wondering if there is something I am overlooking.

My internal system specs are as follows:
Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5
AMD Phenom II X4 965 w/ CNPS10X Extreme Cooler
XFX HD-695A-CNFC Radeon HD 6950 2GB
8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3
Crucial m4 256GB SSD
WD Caviar 640GB Black
WD Caviar 1.5TB Green
LG CH08-LS10

I should note that I do not have, nor have had, anything overclocked. If any peripheral components or revision/firmware numbers would help solve this, I can get them.

Thanks,
CJ
April 22, 2012 7:04:46 PM

I suppose I'll just contact them for support, as I take it by the silence that no one has any answers.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
May 7, 2012 12:31:54 AM

What bios revision are you running? Can you update them? It does sound like the mobo needs to be RMA'd
m
l
!