Notebook vedio card

brokengpu

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
Hello,
I think my gpu card on my notebook is going/gone. The only way I can get the notebook to boot up is using the default windows graphics driver as soon as I install the Nvidia drivers and restart the notebook the computer freezes and fragments at the windows boot up screen. I have on occasion seen a blue screen with a message NIM/Parity error.

Yep, sounds like the video chip is fried. For a laptop, almost for certain you will not be able to just replace the video chip, but will need to replace the whole motherboard. Unless you have a recent high-end laptop, it's usually more cost effective to just get a new laptop.

darkphox

Distinguished
May 30, 2008
i had an old sager with a Nvidia 6800Go. Vid card fried, but because it connected via MXM interface (instead of being a built in piece of the mobo) i was able to find a 7900Go on ebay. Got more time without paying for a whole new laptop. Of course, it may be preferable to buy a new system, but check to see if it can be replaced, and if you dont have the budget or desire to get a new setup you might be able to just fix what ya got.

TRENDING THREADS