allthough I wonder if there are others who still haven't finished BG1. Oh
well... I did last night, played till my exp. cap reached for all members
with BG & TOTSC - so skipped the Cult of the demon clan quest.

Then went to Chapter 7 to make things to an end. The final was a BIG
disappointment. I lured Saverok to me, hit him with all the missiles I could
handle (bolt of biting & lightning, arrow of biting, acid arrows, darts of
stunning) after I pumped everyone with potions, bless and chant.
He fell fast, a lousy movie and that was that...
The most fun I had with BG was the part before I reached Baldurs Gate.

Before I start with BG2.. Does this game has the same lousy finale? Then I'm
back to diablo2

"Hari Seldon" <roel.pieper@hetPN.net> wrote in message
> SPOILER ALERT
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
>
> .
> allthough I wonder if there are others who still haven't finished BG1.

I'm pretty sure you're the last. ;-)

>Oh well... I did last night, played till my exp. cap reached for all
members
> with BG & TOTSC - so skipped the Cult of the demon clan quest.
>
> Then went to Chapter 7 to make things to an end. The final was a BIG
> disappointment. I lured Saverok to me, hit him with all the missiles I
could
> handle (bolt of biting & lightning, arrow of biting, acid arrows, darts of
> stunning) after I pumped everyone with potions, bless and chant.

Don't forget to send out a horde of summoned creatures, too! Why?
Because you can! Yeah, I dislike the final fight too.

I'd prefer it if Sarevok & co. were toned down and your group in turn was
prohibited from utilizing pre-fight buffing and summoning - you walk into
the
chapel or whatever it is and then *BAM* all spell effects are cancelled and
you talk and then fight.

Hmm, better yet would be to simply convince Sarevok to kill himself or to
merge
with your character or something silly like that in order to give CHA, WIS,
and
INT a fairer shake.

> He fell fast, a lousy movie and that was that...
> The most fun I had with BG was the part before I reached Baldurs Gate.
>
> Before I start with BG2.. Does this game has the same lousy finale?

Yes. Well, they're different of course but the ending of SoA is even more
abrupt than BG1 - a lousy conclusion for those who don't have ToB.

Is the ending so important to you?
There's a lot of fun to be had getting there.

The ToB ending is good.

>Then I'm
> back to diablo2

<snip>
> so skipped the Cult of the demon clan quest.
You could just have skipped the toughest fight of the game.
Like anything else there are ways and once you find them any of the fights
are easy.

Yes, the end movie is a bit of an anti-climax but did you really play the
game to see the end movie?

I preferred the pre BG city game too. What I don't understand is how you
can say that and be a D2 fan :)

Colin E

"kevin" <completely@invalid.com> schreef in bericht

> "Hari Seldon" <roel.pieper@hetPN.net> wrote in message
> > SPOILER ALERT
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > .
> >
> > .
> > allthough I wonder if there are others who still haven't finished BG1.
>
> I'm pretty sure you're the last. ;-)
>
> >Oh well... I did last night, played till my exp. cap reached for all
> members
> > with BG & TOTSC - so skipped the Cult of the demon clan quest.
> >
> > Then went to Chapter 7 to make things to an end. The final was a BIG
> > disappointment. I lured Saverok to me, hit him with all the missiles I
> could
> > handle (bolt of biting & lightning, arrow of biting, acid arrows, darts
of
> > stunning) after I pumped everyone with potions, bless and chant.
>
> Don't forget to send out a horde of summoned creatures, too! Why?
> Because you can! Yeah, I dislike the final fight too.
>
> I'd prefer it if Sarevok & co. were toned down and your group in turn was
> prohibited from utilizing pre-fight buffing and summoning - you walk into
> the
> chapel or whatever it is and then *BAM* all spell effects are cancelled
and
> you talk and then fight.
>
> Hmm, better yet would be to simply convince Sarevok to kill himself or to
> merge
> with your character or something silly like that in order to give CHA,
WIS,
> and
> INT a fairer shake.
>
> > He fell fast, a lousy movie and that was that...
> > The most fun I had with BG was the part before I reached Baldurs Gate.
> >
> > Before I start with BG2.. Does this game has the same lousy finale?
>
> Yes. Well, they're different of course but the ending of SoA is even more
> abrupt than BG1 - a lousy conclusion for those who don't have ToB.
>
> Is the ending so important to you?
> There's a lot of fun to be had getting there.
>
> The ToB ending is good.

Oh well... Long ago me and friends played and try to finish games for the
*gasp* rare (FMV) scenes and (very rare) nice songs that finales offered (Do
I recall C&C, do I recall Larry & Lounge Lizards, do I recall Defender of
the Crown.. oh well.. get the hang).

I though it was Zork that ended with: you're succesfull. Thank you for
playing Zork.

]

and then load "$",8,1 again (or debug g=500:1 with your ol'MFM drices)

BG sort of got me back in that time ;-)

"Colin E" <colin@c-elliott.fsnet.co.uk> schreef in bericht
> <snip>
> > so skipped the Cult of the demon clan quest.
> You could just have skipped the toughest fight of the game.
> Like anything else there are ways and once you find them any of the fights
> are easy.
>
> Yes, the end movie is a bit of an anti-climax but did you really play the
> game to see the end movie?
>
> I preferred the pre BG city game too. What I don't understand is how you
> can say that and be a D2 fan :)
>
> Colin E

Like BG pre-city. Love Diablo, detest Sacred, love Civ III and worship
CM03/04... Also fell in love with Medieval and SimGolf.. go Figure :p