Aerocool V12XT with Cooler Master V8?

acurtis619

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
Hi all,

I'm in the middle of building a new system and have purchased the Aerocool V12XT fan controller and a Cooler Master V8 cpu cooler. Just curious, the V8 has it's own fan controller (which installs into a pci slot) but I would really like to control the fan via the Aerocool V12XT. My best guess is that you set the V* pci fan controller knob to 100% and then plug in the V8 power supply to the Aerocool V12XT and let it control the amount of power it actually sends to the fan?

However, has anyone successfully connected the two? If so, how?

Thanks a bunch!

acurtis619

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
OK Guys, for all of you who come across this in the future I have found the answer. I contacted both Aerocool and Cooler Master tech support dept's and my original hunch was right. The manual knob control coming off of the V8 is simply a resistance control that will decrease the speed of the fan if need be. However, the power\rpms of the fan is ultimately supplied\controlled by the V12XT fan controller. So just set the manual knob to full power and install into a pci slot and "forget about it!" Then connect the fan connector from the V8 to the CPU connector on the V12XT (and the piggy back connector into your MB) and you are good to go.

Good Luck, and hope it helped!