XxH34dshotxX

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Hello TomsHardWareCommunity!

I pose a challenge to anyone good with choosing mice! I had used my Dell mouse for many years and it was getting old so I bought myself a Logitech G9x - I HATE this mouse with passion. It is so fat and short and it doesn't fit my hand at all! I am strictly an FPS gamer however a side-button to turn Fraps on/off would be nice :D. What I am looking for is a mouse with:

- 600-2000 DPI
- Something that is narrower and longer then the G9x...
- Something similar to a Dell Mouse (Long, narrow, black ones, you know right?)
- Something that will work in an FPS!
- I am a quick-scoper so easy push buttons would be nice too haha. :D
- I use a Steelseries 9HD no-friction mouse pad!

Right now I was looking at the Logitech Mx518 - if anyone owns this mouse can you please post about its dimensions and overall feel?

Thank you all very much!

synthaside

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
I've used a mx518 and I wasnt a huge fan , the buttons felt plasticy to me the best logitech mouse ive used is an old mx620 but there rare as hens teeth now and when mine goes ( its my work mouse at the moment ) I'll be rather sad .

For gaming use I'm Very fond of a relatively new Gaming brand known as Mionix , there a company from Sweden im incredibley fond of their Naos 5000 , it really melds to my quite large paws , and if the rest of there range live up to the same quality it'd be worth checking out .

Dont know where your based but if its europe remeber you have the right to return a product for any reason " At all" in the first 30 days under the distance selling regulations so buying a mouse online , trying it and sending it back if its not for your needs .. is only as hard as not destroying the packaging too much and paying a few pounds / euro for return shipping some even do this for free .

intex_X

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
The best choice for ergonomycs out there is of course the SteelSeries Ikari laser mouse it has 3200DPI and for me its better than any other razer mices ;)
Its around 80€ but its worth it, i use it for 2 years now and im very satisfied with it...im using it 6 hours a day xD it never dissapoints me!

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
I had a logitech G9X and it caused horrible hand pain (probably because its too small for my hand), so I replaced it and got the much larger G700.

G9X is a great mouse, but my wrist and outer rim of my hand hurt extremely bad after using it for more than 5minutes.

AlExAlExAlEx

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2011

Nothing will ever equal the extension of your hand aka Razer Imperator.I bought one 2 years ago and its just..so dam good.