No beep at startup

ugh82

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
Hello,
I have built many computers from the ground up and upgraded several. Never before have I had this problem. I recently upgraded my daughter's computer with an MSI K9A2 Platinum MS-7376 motherboard and an MSI N210 MD1G/D3 graphics card. Ram from Crucial does match. When I plug in the power cord to the tower lights on motherboard come on as well as the fans. I get no beep and nothing on the monitor. I have changed monitors to see if that might be the problem same results. Also no lights on the front of the tower to indicate it is on. Only way to turn off tower is to unplug power cord. I have tried several suggestions posted on the threads with no success. Does anybody have any other ideas.

ugh82

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
No the motherboard is not integrted and the graphics card is brand new. If by some chance it is defective (the graphics card) would that cause the computer to not beep and not boot?

Zapicles

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
A couple of things to try is Make sure that your CPU and Fan are seated correctly. I once took of my cpu fan to blow it out and clean it up. I had the same issue NO BEEPS. Tried resetting the Ram, Vid card etc... then I took off the CPU FAN, put cpu grease on and replaced it again.

The system started up with the regular beep. Make sure you use the Grease too... I didn't the 1st time and my CPU kept overheating... noob move on my part...

ugh82

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012

Don't believe the cpu cooling fan is an issue in this case as it does not just snap over the cpu like a normal cooling fan. It is a Cooler Master Gemini ll S which screws onto the motherboard with brackets and even has a plate on the back side of the motherboard to which it attaches. It is a HUGH fan too.

Zapicles

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012

The only other suggestion would be to make sure all your power connectors to the mother board are in place. You will get power and lights, but not enough for the POST.

Try to take everthing apart and start from scratch with the Mother board/CPU power connectors then the Front side power connectors Reset, Power, USB Front ports etc.

I have made that mistake befor too by not plugging in all the power connectors.. took me about half hour tracing all the wires/connectors to realize ...doooh.. I forgot one power connector... :( Hope this helps other than that I am at a loss unless looking at the sytem build physically. Sorry

But good luck

peterbarau

Honorable
Mar 30, 2013
hi all,
I have just spent 2 hours pulling everything apart, reseating it, but I missed one item because I only glanced at it the multi plug for power to the board appeared to be seated but it wasn't, it now is and its all go, thanks to all suggestions. barry in Australia.