Crashing problem that wont go away

hosa

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
I am writing this out of despair really. i am beyond frustrated. this problem came out of the blue, just like that, and it seems no one on the internet has had the same problem. Hear it is, Nearly all my programs are crashing sometimes to a black screen that i need to ctrl-alt-del to get out of other times my programs just crash completly silently without any error messages. i didnt even know what category to post in here i only chose memory because this is my best bet. all my browsers are crashing specially when i open many tabs. i have run the windows memory diagnostic test at boot then i left came back and i saw windows, it probably restarted byitelf but discovered that windows should have leaved me a report and so i went to the Events log and there was nothing maybe i have disabled this service in the past, anyway ran the test again but on basic and there were no problems, i mean if it was a ram problem as big as this ud think widows would catch it :??: i know about the program memtest86 but i dont think it would be that nessesary is there a big difference? i ran out of CDs so i still have to get some for it. i am on windows 7 on 4gb of ram. ATI radeon 5450 HD and AMD Phenom X2 550 CPU. tried clean boot havnt tried crashing it on safemode because usually i need to be surfing and doing stuff that require memory to crash and thats apain in safemode because of the resolution is bad. and ofcourse i scanned with mbam and there was nothing. now i am scared to do a clean install of windows only to find that it still crashes, as i am unsure if its a hardware or sofware problem,, but this is the only option i can think of i didnt try. i tried cleaning case dust, reinstalling the ram cards and the GPU. as of software i updated/uninstalled the ATI drivers, still my broswers crash. any ideas? :cry:

going crazy :pt1cable:

xunicronx

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2007
-Can you try a different graphics card?
-Do you have Windows 7 Service Pack 1?
-Can you try only one memory at a time?
-Have you checked Windows Task Manager while the tabs are open or while the tabs are closed?

hosa

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011

i dont have a different graphic card but i just did this, went to device manager and disabled the card, now im surfing with multiple browsers open to see if they will crash, things look good until now,, but im still not that confident. i dont understand how the gpu still operated when i had uninstalled its driver?

- i have SP1
-havnt tried this
-yes i keep it open all of the time. it usually crashes when ram passes 2GBs ive been a while now around 2.8GBs still hasnt crashed.

I cant think of anything that would make the GPU cause this :??: im pretty sure its not its driver because i have uninstalled that, the crashing only stopped when i disabled it on device manager.

hosa

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
Update: 2 browsers just crashed on me at the same time in the same silent way. i think they lasted more because after i disabled the GPU i was on 1400x1050 and that lowered the memory cosumption clearly at the task manager compared with my usual 1080x1920. its probably the Ram then? what would cause the ram to do that?

hosa

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
i have tried using each ram stick seperatly, one of them works but when i reach 1.8GB memory in the task manager the programs crash, is that normal? the other one makes the PC beep every second when i power on and wont boot.
i dont know what to think.. what does the beeping mean?

hosa

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
i cant find memory testing programs that can actually tell me my memory is faulty. the best is windows gives me a 0.0000005 error when i run hot cpu tester. i need a program that can actually see my RAM health.