Sign in with
Your question

Intel hd medea 2000 plays 2010 games better than 2004 ones

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 28, 2011 6:44:23 PM

untill i buy a gpu i am stuck with my onboard one how is it possibe that black ops(2010) runs at 30 fps and farcry(2004) at 20 fps(all at lowest settings ofcourse)?
a b U Graphics card
February 28, 2011 6:47:14 PM

You have to check what the game itself relies on more. Some games require more CPU power, while others require more GPU power. So one game, although newer, might work better, while an older game might be slower.

Seeing how you have a good CPU, most likely that is the difference.
m
l
a c 125 U Graphics card
February 28, 2011 6:49:15 PM

Well, why not? Crysis is still one of the most demanding games. Developers are also good at tweaking games to maximize performance now. And on top of that, Black Ops is a console port. It's slightly more demanding than MW2, but both of those games can be maxed out on pretty mainstream set ups.
m
l
February 28, 2011 6:53:26 PM

wolfram23 said:
Well, why not? Crysis is still one of the most demanding games. Developers are also good at tweaking games to maximize performance now. And on top of that, Black Ops is a console port. It's slightly more demanding than MW2, but both of those games can be maxed out on pretty mainstream set ups.

i said farcry not crysis lol
m
l
a c 125 U Graphics card
February 28, 2011 7:10:09 PM

Yeah I know but Far Cry and Crysis are made by Crytek, and Crytek loves to make extremely graphically intense games. Far Cry, when it came out, was a go-to benchmark for high end GPUs. Conversely, you don't really see Black Ops or MW2 on benchmarks, or if you do - at least on any decent GPU, they are always at 100+ FPS and top end GPUs usually show CPU bottlenecking.
m
l
a c 106 U Graphics card
February 28, 2011 7:35:24 PM

You mean FarCry 1? I remember my GF3 Ti 200 struggled through that one. Anyway, it's probably just a case of Intel not having proper driver optimizations for such an old game. Try patching it as it helps with performance a little.
m
l
!