Sign in with
Your question

Gtx460 not working

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 28, 2011 8:35:33 PM

Hello,

I have a gtx460 768 mb EVGA and it sometimes goes black, sometimes resolved by ctrl+alt+del and then initiating the task manager, this wakes up the card, other times just freezes and goes black. Power supply is a pixxo jaguar 600 w

Happens when: Computer loads a new screen in games, switching to full screen on youtube, doesn't happen when card is at maximum stress, only on sudden peaks like mentioned... latest drivers and bios from card

help!!

More about : gtx460 working

a b Î Nvidia
March 2, 2011 11:35:08 AM

have you properly inserting the 2 6 pin pcie power connector for the card? i don't know if your PSU have good quality or not but according to the pic from the link below you should have 36A on 12v rail.

http://www.pcenlinea.com/mp/60134.html

supposed to be it should be able to run GTX460 since the card only need 24A on the 12v rail. maybe you can try re-seating the card as well before properly connecting 2 6-pin pcie power connector to the card
March 8, 2011 11:09:23 PM

Hola amigo

I know its well connected since I've connected it and disconnected it like 6 times, same thing happens all the time, beggining to think the PSU has bad quality and therefore not giving the 36 A but 24 only, when it peaks then it crashes

Another interesting thing I'd like to add is that I have only 1 pci E 6 pin in this PSU, that one is connected to the card and also I only have 1 free molex, which is connected to the 2 molex to 1 PCI E 6 pin, leaving 1 molex not connected to any source... whenever I plug that one molex with my other 16 A 350 watts PSU from my old computer to that one molex, the card will run perfectly after awhile so it could be a shortage on the A or that it doesn't work when it's cold maybe??

I'm really reluctant to buy another PSU before knowing if the card is faulty, and also I still have the little itch that it might be the last molex that I did not plug...
!