elvisp

Distinguished
May 6, 2011
I'd like to apoligize in advance for being so ambiguous, it's been a long time since i built a new machine and I'm not up to do with the more recent parts on the market.

Approximate Purchase Date: Today-two months from now, depending

Budget Range: ca 10000-11000 SEK (~1000-1200 €)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming. I'll just assume it can run word and a browser.

Parts Not Required: Any I/O or OS

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: The links are merely there to show you the stuff. I'll probably get it from a "local" webstore.

Country of Origin: Sweden

Parts Preferences: Well known brands with a decent reputation.

Overclocking: Most likely

SLI or Crossfire: Yes

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: Nothing is set in stone
GRAPHICS: I'm leaning towards 2x 68xx or 69xx cards in crossfire. From what I understand this gives you the most bang for your buck. It wouldn't surprise me if I just made an ass of myself by saying that though.
PSU: How many watts do I need? Preferably 80+.
MOTHERBOARD: Too high-end/not high-end enough to keep up with the rest of the components?
SSD: 60 GB at most to house OS and a few games. I'll use my old drives for media etc.

IN-WIN Android ATX Mid Tower
Intel Core i5 2500K
Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8
ASRock P67 EXTREME4 B3
2x Gigabyte Radeon HD6870 1GB Windforce OC - Not sure if I'm crippling myself with this one.
OCZ Vertex 2 Extended Sandforce 60GB - I really don't know if this ones good or not. I just went on user reviews.
Coolermaster GX 750W 80+

Thanks in advance.

To find out the low end on what you need for a power supply use this tool http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp. I would think that you would be looking around 750 watts. The motherboard that you have listed should be fine for you and the Intel® Core™ I7 2600K is a beast, but with this system are you just planning to game with it? If so take a look at the Intel Core I5 2500K which will give you almost the same performance but doesn’t have hyper-threading (which you won’t use in games anyway). If you are going to be doing any video/audio or heaving multi-tasking work stay with the Intel Core™ I7 2600K.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

elvisp

Distinguished
May 6, 2011

Thank you, I did not know that.

Yes, this computer will be used primarily for games and some programming. By the time i finish my education this build will probably be outdated.
No video/audio editing though.

Changed CPU and added PSU.