What is a good, stable driver version

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I have an XFX 5850 I purchased last April/May. I have never done a driver update (still running 10.3 or 10.4) because of all the seeming problems a lot of new drivers have. I am not a heavy user. I play World of Warcraft, some Sims 3 and Dragon Age. However, since WoW released their patch 4.0.6 I have had a couple of blue screens ( I do run Vista) that say before it reboots that it's the display device driver. I see no other issues, no screen flickering or such and no crashes outside of WoW so I don't think I have a video card issue. Heat is also not an issue. Never seen it above 70 C.

Seeing how some people report problems with 11.2, is there a good stable version of newer drivers? I don't run Crossfired cards, just a single card, and I do not overclock.

Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
Solution
I just re-read that thread about Catalyst drivers, and the 10.10 ones, specifically, were favored by a couple of the very experienced regulars. Many who upgraded from 11.1a to 11.2 rolled back to 11.1a.

So I would say try 11.1a first, because they are the more recent of the two, then try 10.10 if you are still having problems.