Sign in with
Your question

Bios not starting up

Last response: in Motherboards
April 20, 2012 10:13:49 AM

i built my first pc and now im trying to acces the bios but the problem is whenever i press delte on the POST startup instead of taking me to bios setup all i get is a black screen i dont have a monitor so im using my tv via hdmi my mobo is gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H i really have no idea what the problem is please help should i try to reset the CMOS or anything like that?

More about : bios starting

a b V Motherboard
April 20, 2012 10:21:00 AM

no, the bios resolution is being displayed beyond the range your tv is capable of.
m
l
April 20, 2012 11:08:29 AM

teh_gerbil said:
no, the bios resolution is being displayed beyond the range your tv is capable of.

so how do i fix this
m
l
Related resources
a c 137 V Motherboard
April 20, 2012 12:57:42 PM

malekhaver said:
so how do i fix this

If it's out of range for the TV, there's really not much you can do, since you can't change the res of the BIOS. The only thing to do in that situation is to find a normal monitor to use somehow.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
April 20, 2012 10:34:20 PM

Televisions are usually designed to display 1/2 resolutions, especially the LCD ones.

My best answer for this would be, borrow a mates monitor/take you box to a mate/library/e-cafe and ask to borrow their monitor, do the necessary overclocking, save it and voila just work off TV from that point.
m
l
!