Sign in with
Your question

I Need Ideas! Whats your Rig?

Last response: in Systems
May 6, 2011 8:20:57 PM

I hope nobody gets mad at me for posting this, but i need ideas for computer builds for my job/hobby.
Im just looking for anyone who wants to post their rig (Full specs. and Pics would be nice.)
Its not just about performance (although it really is for people who know what they want), because when you build computers for people they LOVE to see light shows.
So if your rig is Crazy powerful and packed full with Neon liquid cooled pipes, and flashing lights I WANT to see them.
I want this to be almost like a car competition for computers

If you also find just pics of a computer please post them. mostly i'm going to use these to show to clients and get ideas

thank you

More about : ideas whats rig

a b B Homebuilt system
May 6, 2011 10:53:02 PM

Just google custom pc's hehe,
Ideas for mods are vastly varied according to tastes, abilities and most usually, cost
My personal rig though,
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/285256-10-bsod-ulti...
I dont have the required liquidcooling,
but I do have lighting (including a triple bar set I built myself)
Oh, and an Axe and sword.

Good luck with modding for a job man :) 
Moto
May 7, 2011 2:03:53 AM

My office CAD workstation was built 2.5 years ago. It has a dual core E8500 at 3.8GHz, 300GB Velociraptor and 1TB hard drives, ATI FireGL video card, Zalman CPU cooler, in an Antec 300 case with 4 fans. I run WinXP Pro 32 bit OS.

After that experience, I built a new computer for myself at home. It has a quad core Q9400 at 3.4GHz, Xigmatec cooler, WD 750GB drive, cheapo video card, Antec 300 case with 4 fans. I run Win7 Home Premium 32bit OS.

I've built 3 more CAD workstations for my office, almost all the same. All have i5-750 cpu's at 3.5GHz, Xigmatek coolers, and Antec 300 cases with 4 fans. All run Win7 64bit OS. One has a 64GB SSD, the other 2 have Velociraptors. One has an Nvidia Quadro video card, the others have ATI FireGL cards.
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
May 7, 2011 2:26:15 AM

Precision690FAN said:
I hope nobody gets mad at me for posting this, but i need ideas for computer builds for my job/hobby.
Im just looking for anyone who wants to post their rig (Full specs. and Pics would be nice.)
Its not just about performance (although it really is for people who know what they want), because when you build computers for people they LOVE to see light shows.
So if your rig is Crazy powerful and packed full with Neon liquid cooled pipes, and flashing lights I WANT to see them.
I want this to be almost like a car competition for computers

If you also find just pics of a computer please post them. mostly i'm going to use these to show to clients and get ideas

thank you

Have you visited mnpctech.com? That should give you quite a few good ideas.

Here's a build I completed in December:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/298923-28-case-blog

My next build will be ready for unveiling soon, maybe two weeks and I'll be posting that one. Next one will likely take 6 months, its quite a project and its for me so it must be perfect!
May 7, 2011 2:53:34 AM

Thanks for showing me some pics, and i didnt know that there were web sites that are just about modding. (im new into this business)

i hope more people post their rigs and this thread stay alive.
May 7, 2011 3:06:09 AM

Look in the system section my build is awesome it's perfect. I can overclcok my 2.9 cpu to 3.4!
a b B Homebuilt system
May 7, 2011 8:59:37 AM

Precision690FAN said:
Thanks for showing me some pics, and i didnt know that there were web sites that are just about modding. (im new into this business)

i hope more people post their rigs and this thread stay alive.

You should also pick up an issue of CPU magazine, here's the website:

http://www.computerpoweruser.com/DigitalEditions/Defaul...
!