Asus Xonar Xense - Issues

Zodiak

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
Hello :)

I am sorry, I could not find a section for Sound Cards, please move this to another section if needed.

Hello there :)

I have purchased an ASUS Xonar Xense and I am looking for support wherever I can find it from other users, ASUS's support for this sound card has been horrible in my opinion.

If anyone can help it would be most appreciated.

This sound card has comes with a very nice Sennheisser headset and has connections for both it and a 7.1 speaker set.

What I am looking to do is have sound going to my Logitech Z906 speakers and to the Sennheisser headset at the same time, but unfortunately I am finding myself having to open the sound control panel each time and switching between one and the other which is quite cumbersome.

Secondly, I am having issues with the volume control of the headset that comes with it. the Sennheisser headset is made to work with the on-board headset amplifier of the Xonar but when adjusting the volume control on the headset itself, putting the volume to 0% I still seem to be getting maybe 10-20% audio coming through. How can I resolve this?

Thank you very much for any help provided :)

What I am looking to do is have sound going to my Logitech Z906 speakers and to the Sennheisser headset at the same time, but unfortunately I am finding myself having to open the sound control panel each time and switching between one and the other which is quite cumbersome.

You can't. Windows allows output to only one sound output device at a time. And because of soundcards design, they can only drive one of their outputs at any given time. There is no way to output to two devices using two different audio outputs on the same audio device at the same time.

Secondly, I am having issues with the volume control of the headset that comes with it. the Sennheisser headset is made to work with the on-board headset amplifier of the Xonar but when adjusting the volume control on the headset itself, putting the volume to 0% I still seem to be getting maybe 10-20% audio coming through. How can I resolve this?

The headset does NOT have a mute that I'm aware of, so at the default settings, even if you turn the volume al the way down on the headset, you'll still get some audio.

Zodiak

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
I understand that it does not have a mute switch. Cable mounted volume controls are two sided though. One end being 100% and the other end is usually always naturally 0% though the other end of the volume control on the Sennheisser seems to only go down to about 10-20% though I am not sure if it is the headset or the soundcard that causes this.

Even trying to lower the master volume control in windows to the point of the lowest volume from the headset causes the max volume to be barely inaudible.

I am just looking for a solution :)

I am currently looking at hardware sound mixers that have 1/4 inch jacks, that may solve the problem but I know little to nothing about sound mixers.

Ideally I am looking for a little mixer with 1/4 jacks, that has a jack for microphones and maybe 3 jacks for audio inputs.

Do you have any recommendations? :)

I understand that it does not have a mute switch. Cable mounted volume controls are two sided though. One end being 100% and the other end is usually always naturally 0% though the other end of the volume control on the Sennheisser seems to only go down to about 10-20% though I am not sure if it is the headset or the soundcard that causes this.

Even trying to lower the master volume control in windows to the point of the lowest volume from the headset causes the max volume to be barely inaudible.

I am just looking for a solution

None that I'm aware of. You can mute via the ASUS Control Panel's mute button [which DOES work], but I don't know any other way to quiet the PC 350. Really, I agree with you that it doesn't make sense that 0% volume does not implicitly mute the headset...