Unstable bios

jman2012

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
Hello all. I have a question, how to uninstall the new bios I just updated? I have Asus P6T Deluxe V2 MB. The Bios keeps defaulting once a while even though nothing wrong with it. After running an update, the computer starts having problem. Ocing keeps getting default. And it seems like the window is a bit lagging. I went into the bios, use the easy flash feature to delete the new bios update, but it doesn't work. Please help. Thank you all in advance.

tekman42

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
You can't DELETE the new installed bios...you have to revert the bios to it's previous state...MEANING...You have to perform a DOWNGRADE to the bios...the procedures are different for most all boards...some require a chip replacement...some have dual bioses and flashback...etc...

Read Kato's post here

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?board_id=1&model=P6T+Deluxe+V2&id=20090523210550393&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

tells you exactly what to do! I suggest you follow it! I would read all of that post as well to see others experiences.

If you are unsuccessful...contact asus support...I presume you registered your serial number on your motherboard with asus?? If not..don't fret...just do that first then go to contact support and open a support ticket to explain what you are attempting to do...they may be able to help you without having to downgrade your bios.

You can ALWAYS try to reflash the bios with the newer version...but I would download a fresh copy and use it...just in case the one you used for this is corrupted or damaged in some way causing these problems!

Good luck

Good Luck!

TRENDING THREADS