Closed Solved

Foxconn A74GA with SATA hard drives?

Hello,
I am planning on building my own PC but I came across an A74GA AMD 740G Socket AM3 ATX Motherboard w/Video, Audio, Gigabit LAN & RAID. I was looking at all the specifications and I didn't see anything on whether it accepted SATA's or not just IDE's and this thing was really cheap so I just hoping that maybe someone could tell me if they work or not since IDE's are twice as much.
P.S this is not really in the sub-category Corsair it wouldn't let me not pick one.
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about foxconn a74ga sata hard drives
  1. Best answer
    That motherboard has six SATA ports and one IDE.
  2. C12Friedman said:
    That motherboard has six SATA ports and one IDE.

that's great but it still seems too good to be true do you know why it would only be $50?
  3. Foxconn is one of the standard suppliers to the likes of Dell, HP, Microsoft and a quite few others but, that motherboard is old technology (new AMD's are AM3+ or FX) and is most likely an overrun. BTW, now it's $40 on amazon
  4. thx you were alot of help :)
  5. do you have a favorite brand or mobo that you could refer me to, but it has to be easily accessible i live in china so there isn't many online companies that will ship to me accept amazon, maybe, no joke
  6. tigerrider54 said:
    do you have a favorite brand or mobo that you could refer me to, but it has to be easily accessible i live in china so there isn't many online companies that will ship to me accept amazon, maybe, no joke

Best to start a new question with the following information...
    How much do you want to spend for the motherboard?
    Do you want to add a graphics card or even two or three?
    What do you use your computer for?

With that information, you should get a lot of responses
  7. C12Friedman said:
    Best to start a new question with the following information...
    How much do you want to spend for the motherboard?
    Do you want to add a graphics card or even two or three?
    What do you use your computer for?

With that information, you should get a lot of responses

Well, the american dollar is 6.3 times more valuable than the chinese yuan and most mobo's that are $150 are 150 yuan that's like thirty buck's so the price is not a problem, I can find most large brands here; Gigabyte, Sapphire, Asus, etc. and i'm going for a mid grade to high end gaming computer, any suggestions?
  8. I really like my Asus Maximus ROG (Republic of Gamers) board. I can XFire my 7950 later if I choose, has overclocking options (making it a little "future-proof), and has a debug led all on a micro-ATX board.
    What processor are you looking to go with... that'll make a difference also.
  9. Best answer selected by tigerrider54.
  10. This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Ask a new question

Read More

Corsair Hard Drives Memory