Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Retrieve Data From a Toshbia 1.8" ZIF Hard Drive

Last response: in Components
August 3, 2011 7:03:58 PM

I have a Sony DCR-SR200 camcorder and it has died and I cannot get it powered up but I am really interested in getting the data (i.e. video clips) off the camcorder.

I was wondering if I removed the ZIF hard drive how would I go about connecting it to a PC to remove the data or video files?

Best solution

August 3, 2011 9:27:33 PM
Related resources
August 4, 2011 8:00:07 AM

you are welcome

hopefully your drives fine and you get your files
August 11, 2011 12:50:12 PM

Thanks again for all your help - everything worked great and I was able to retrieve all my information - camera still does not work but hey I guess I now have a 40GB flash drive?!
September 11, 2011 10:49:19 PM

Best answer selected by singletons11.
March 2, 2013 1:49:36 AM

I have a sort of similar problem with a different twist. My Sony HDR-SR1 did not die but it cannot access the 30 gig Toshiba MK3008GAL hard drive that has a ribbon connection that I believe is called ZIF. I am getting a HDD formatting error. I definitely did not try to format the drive and I don't think it could have formatted itself while I was trying to film my granddaughters dance competition but whatever happened will not allow me to use it. I have not tried to record or reformat or anything because I have some irreplaceable stuff on it i.e. maybe 5 gig worth. My desktop does not recognize that the camera is connected. So even if I bought the USB device to connect the drive directly to the computer do you think that it would recognize the damaged drive so that I could try to retrieve the movies?
!