August 4, 2011 1:51:44 AM

My specs are as follows:

Zebronics PSU 500w Platinum series
Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H mobo
AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE
Kingston 4 gb, DDR2 800
XFX ATI Radeon Hd 4770
WD 500gb HDD 7200

Well my problem has started only a few days ago with an annoying screeching sound that occurs very often( about after every 2 to 3 seconds) when im browsing the net or watching movies. But probabilty of restart is not too much in these conditions. Problems start during gaming. When i open any game the sound grows vigorously. It keeps on sounding without any pause until I alt+tab. If I dont pause(alt+tab) frequently my pc would restart and after loading the start up screen it restarts like chain reaction. After about 30 min of rest I can switch it on again without restarting at the start up screen. I dont think its the heat issue cause I hav run this Pc for almost a year. The problem started with this screeching noise. Its not the memory cause I hav alredy cross checked with others. I still wonder I played games like Crysis 2, Assassins creed Brotherhood. FIFA 11 on this PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So Sad!!!!! Now I cant even run Warcraft for 20 min without alt +tab. And high demanding games less than 1 min to restart my PC. Could this be my PSU prob or my Mothrboard. Im not kind of the real Tech savi so plz suggest simple ways................................................HELP ME> MY PC SUXXXXX.

More about : restarting gaming

a b ) Power supply
August 4, 2011 1:59:14 AM

heat and PSU caused the problem
m
l
August 4, 2011 2:15:03 AM

And 1 more thing when the computer is idle no such noise occurs.
m
l
Related resources
August 4, 2011 2:16:10 AM

henydiah said:
heat and PSU caused the problem

Thanks for your co operation.
m
l
August 5, 2011 7:12:22 AM

It might help to turn down the resolution and settings a little. You're building up way too much heat.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
August 5, 2011 10:23:27 AM

I think most likely the PSU but check your temps 1st with HWMonitor.
m
l
August 5, 2011 2:54:26 PM

simon12 said:

Thanx bro for ur help. I will check and say.
m
l
August 6, 2011 3:58:25 AM

simon12 said:

I have checked the temps with both HW monitor and Core temp. Bothe showing less than 47 C at no load.When loaded im getin about 53 C. But should the voltage on mobo the +5v VCCH be varrying?? Mine varries from 3.36 to 5.04V at no load. During gaming aI cant see whats the reading because it restarts suddenly or crashes with blue error screen.
m
l
August 6, 2011 4:03:02 AM

The Oscillat0r said:
It might help to turn down the resolution and settings a little. You're building up way too much heat.

I used 2 play games like Crysis 2, Assassins creed brotherhood,Fifa 11 at all max settings with 1280*1024 resolution for 20 hours a day. Suddenly with the emergence of this sound my PC hangs even if I play at 800*600. Do u think PSU can be a problem? Im getting a very low pitched sound from PSU also which can only be heard when PC is shutdown but main power is on.
m
l
!