Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Gigabyte z68xp-UD3P boot loop?

Last response: in Motherboards
April 20, 2012 10:00:37 PM

Hey guys, first time builder here. I've had my pc up and running for about two weeks now and all of the sudden it will power on for about 1 second, then power off for about 2 or 3 seconds, and then power back on and off like this continually until i turn off the power supply. I can't get into the bios screen, and nothing shows up on my screen. I've been looking on google and i'm not quite sure what to do. From what i've read though it seems like i have a bad motherboard? I have the exact same problem as the OP in this thread: 

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/305415-30-bootloop-mo...

My setup is as follows:
i5 2500k
Gigabyte z68XP-UD3P
Asus GTX 680
850w corsair power
128gb crucial m4 ssd
1tb wd caviar black hdd

Should i return the motherboard? All my components are brand new and like i say, the system was running fine for a few weeks before this happened. I do have it OC'd but it was running fine with good temps for a while until this happened

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
April 21, 2012 2:32:50 PM

If you can't breadboard the system then RMA the mobo. "Breadboard" means to disassemble and run a minimum configuration with swapped out components.
April 28, 2012 12:37:20 AM

Best answer selected by mferrari43.
Score
Related resources
April 28, 2012 12:39:08 AM

After reading 80+ pages on the gigabyte forum there seems to be a problem with a lot of these z68's, i returned it last week and got an asus z77, same configuration otherwise and no problems anymore. Thx for the feedback
Score
a c 328 V Motherboard
April 28, 2012 4:59:53 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!