PSP & DS games ~$49

Last response: in Video Games
June 2, 2004 7:00:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

[EBGames]

AC Formula Front PSP
Pre-Order: Ships on 4/19/2005

$49.99

Publisher: AGETEC INC.
ESRB: N/A
Platform: PSP
Category: Action

Ape Escape PSP
Pre-Order: Ships on 4/19/2005

$49.99

Publisher: SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT
ESRB: N/A
Platform: PSP
Category: Action

Armored Core PSP
Pre-Order: Ships on 4/19/2005

$49.99

Publisher: AGETEC INC.
ESRB: N/A
Platform: PSP
Category: Action

ATV Offroad Fury PSP
Pre-Order: Ships on 4/19/2005

$49.99

Publisher: SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT
ESRB: N/A
Platform: PSP
Category: Action

Axel Impact International
Pre-Order: Ships on 4/19/2005

$49.99

Publisher: AXIS ENTERTAINMENT
ESRB: N/A
Platform: PSP
Category: Action

BBG PSP
Pre-Order: Ships on 4/19/2005

$49.99

Publisher: SEED9
ESRB: N/A
Platform: PSP
Category: Action

Combat Over Europe PSP
Pre-Order: Ships on 4/19/2005

$49.99

Publisher: GMX MEDIA
ESRB: N/A
Platform: PSP
Category: Action

Darkstalkers 3 PSP
Pre-Order: Ships on 4/19/2005

$49.99

Publisher: CAPCOM
ESRB: N/A
Platform: PSP
Category: Action

Death Jr PSP
Pre-Order: Ships on 4/29/2005

$49.99

Publisher: EBGAMES.COM
ESRB: N/A
Platform: PSP
Category: Action

Dynasty Warriors PSP
Pre-Order: Ships on 4/19/2005

$49.99

Publisher: KOEI
ESRB: N/A
Platform: PSP
Category: Action

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children PSP
Pre-Order: Ships on 4/19/2005

$49.99

Publisher: SQUARE ENIX
ESRB: N/A
Platform: PSP
Category: Action

Frogger PSP
Pre-Order: Ships on 4/19/2005

$49.99

Publisher: KONAMI
ESRB: N/A
Platform: PSP
Category: Action

Gran Turismo 4 Mobile PSP
Pre-Order: Ships on 4/19/2005

$49.99

Publisher: SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT
ESRB: Rating Pending
Platform: PSP
Category: Action

Hot Shots Golf PSP
Pre-Order: Ships on 4/19/2005

$49.99

Publisher: SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT
ESRB: N/A
Platform: PSP
Category: Action

MediEvil PSP
Pre-Order: Ships on 4/19/2005

$49.99

Publisher: SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT
ESRB: N/A
Platform: PSP
Category: Action

Metal Gear Acid PSP
Pre-Order: Ships on 4/19/2005

$49.99

Publisher: KONAMI
ESRB: N/A
Platform: PSP
Category: Action

NBA Street PSP
Pre-Order: Ships on 4/19/2005

$49.99

Publisher: ELECTRONIC ARTS
ESRB: N/A
Platform: PSP
Category: Action

NFL Street PSP
Pre-Order: Ships on 4/19/2005

$49.99

Publisher: ELECTRONIC ARTS
ESRB: N/A
Platform: PSP
Category: Action

Project S PSP
Pre-Order: Ships on 4/19/2005

$49.99

Publisher: SEGA
ESRB: N/A
Platform: PSP
Category: Action

PSP Racing PSP
Pre-Order: Ships on 4/19/2005

$49.99

Publisher: PLAYLOGIC
ESRB: N/A
Platform: PSP
Category: Action

Puyo Pop Fever PSP
Pre-Order: Ships on 4/19/2005

$49.99

Publisher: SEGA
ESRB: N/A
Platform: PSP
Category: Action

Ridge Racer PSP
Pre-Order: Ships on 4/19/2005

$49.99

Publisher: NAMCO
ESRB: N/A
Platform: PSP
Category: Action

Spider-Man PSP
Pre-Order: Ships on 4/19/2005

$49.99

Publisher: ACTIVISION
ESRB: N/A
Platform: PSP
Category: Action

Syphon Filter PSP
Pre-Order: Ships on 4/19/2005

$49.99

Publisher: SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT
ESRB: N/A
Platform: PSP
Category: Action

Tiger Woods PGA Tour PSP
Pre-Order: Ships on 4/19/2005

$49.99

Publisher: ELECTRONIC ARTS
ESRB: N/A
Platform: PSP
Category: Action

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater PSP
Pre-Order: Ships on 4/19/2005

$49.99

Publisher: ACTIVISION
ESRB: N/A
Platform: PSP
Category: Action

Twisted Metal PSP
Pre-Order: Ships on 4/19/2005

$49.99

Publisher: SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT
ESRB: N/A
Platform: PSP
Category: Action

Wipeout PSP
Pre-Order: Ships on 4/19/2005

$49.99

Publisher: SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT
ESRB: N/A
Platform: PSP
Category: Action

Animal Crossing DS
Pre-Order: Ships on 3/1/2005

$49.99

Publisher: NINTENDO
ESRB: Rating Pending
Platform: Nintendo DS
Category: Strategy

Bomberman DS
Pre-Order: Ships on 3/1/2005

$49.99

Publisher: HUDSON SOFT
ESRB: Rating Pending
Platform: Nintendo DS
Category: Puzzle Games

Dynasty Warriors DS
Pre-Order: Ships on 3/1/2005

$49.99

Publisher: KOEI
ESRB: Rating Pending
Platform: Nintendo DS
Category: Action Adventure

Egg Monster Hero DS
Pre-Order: Ships on 3/1/2005

$49.99

Publisher: SQUARE ENIX
ESRB: Rating Pending
Platform: Nintendo DS
Category: Action Adventure

Mario Kart DS
Pre-Order: Ships on 3/1/2005

$49.99

Publisher: NINTENDO
ESRB: Rating Pending
Platform: Nintendo DS
Category: Racing

Metroid Prime: Hunters DS
Pre-Order: Ships on 3/1/2005

$49.99

Publisher: NINTENDO
ESRB: Rating Pending
Platform: Nintendo DS
Category: Action Adventure

Mobile Suit Gundam Seed DS
Pre-Order: Ships on 3/1/2005

$49.99

Publisher: BANDAI
ESRB: Rating Pending
Platform: Nintendo DS
Category: Action Adventure

Pac 'n Roll DS
Pre-Order: Ships on 3/1/2005

$49.99

Publisher: NAMCO-HOMETEK, INC.
ESRB: Rating Pending
Platform: Nintendo DS
Category: Action Adventure

Pac-Pix DS
Pre-Order: Ships on 3/1/2005

$49.99

Publisher: NAMCO-HOMETEK, INC.
ESRB: Rating Pending
Platform: Nintendo DS
Category: Puzzle Games

PictoChat DS
Pre-Order: Ships on 3/1/2005

$49.99

Publisher: NINTENDO
ESRB: Rating Pending
Platform: Nintendo DS
Category: Puzzle Games

Project Rub DS
Pre-Order: Ships on 3/1/2005

$49.99

Publisher: SEGA OF AMERICA INC.
ESRB: Rating Pending
Platform: Nintendo DS
Category: Action Adventure

Sonic DS
Pre-Order: Ships on 3/1/2005

$49.99

Publisher: SEGA OF AMERICA INC.
ESRB: Rating Pending
Platform: Nintendo DS
Category: Action Adventure

Super Mario 64x4 DS
Pre-Order: Ships on 3/1/2005

$49.99

Publisher: NINTENDO
ESRB: Rating Pending
Platform: Nintendo DS
Category: Action Adventure

Super Mario Bros. DS
Pre-Order: Ships on 3/1/2005

$49.99

Publisher: NINTNEDO
ESRB: Rating Pending
Platform: Nintendo DS
Category: Action Adventure

WarioWare Inc. DS
Pre-Order: Ships on 3/1/2005

$49.99

Publisher: NINTENDO
ESRB: Rating Pending
Platform: Nintendo DS
Category: Puzzle Games

Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubadour DS
Pre-Order: Ships on 3/1/2005

$49.99

Publisher: KONAMI
ESRB: Rating Pending
Platform: Nintendo DS
Category: Action Adventure

More about : psp games

Anonymous
June 3, 2004 2:59:12 AM

"R420" <radeonr420@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> [EBGames]
[SNIP]

This is just placeholder text, and not actual confirmation that either PSP
or DS games will be priced at $49.99.
June 3, 2004 3:28:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

yeah, they're really only doing it to start raking in the pre-orders

"Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message

> "R420" <radeonr420@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > [EBGames]
> [SNIP]
>
> This is just placeholder text, and not actual confirmation that either PSP
> or DS games will be priced at $49.99.

June 3, 2004 8:22:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

and to cover their butts in the event the games end up being $49...

If they took preorders for $29 or $39 and the actual prices ended up
being $49, they'd be losing a lot of money.

Sam wrote:

> yeah, they're really only doing it to start raking in the pre-orders
>
> "Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message
>
>>"R420" <radeonr420@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>[EBGames]
>>
>>[SNIP]
>>
>>This is just placeholder text, and not actual confirmation that either PSP
>>or DS games will be priced at $49.99.

June 3, 2004 8:22:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

I sure hope PSP and DS games aren't $49. Thats too much for portable games.
I hope there $29 like GBA games are now.

benstylus <blacklion@juno.com> wrote in message
> and to cover their butts in the event the games end up being $49...
>
> If they took preorders for $29 or $39 and the actual prices ended up
> being $49, they'd be losing a lot of money.
>
> Sam wrote:
>
> > yeah, they're really only doing it to start raking in the pre-orders
> >
> > "Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message
> >
> >>"R420" <radeonr420@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >>[SNIP]
> >>
> >>This is just placeholder text, and not actual confirmation that either
PSP
> >>or DS games will be priced at $49.99.

Anonymous
June 3, 2004 5:52:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message

> "R420" <radeonr420@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > [EBGames]
> [SNIP]
>
> This is just placeholder text, and not actual confirmation that either PSP
> or DS games will be priced at $49.99.

Not only that, publishers were complaining just last month that even THEY
didn't know how much the games or royalty costs were going to be.

My guess is most new PSP games will be $39.99, and DS games will be $29.99.
That's not based on inside information, it's just a hunch.
Anonymous
June 4, 2004 4:25:02 PM

"Monkey" <gameace@ncweb.com> wrote in message news:<10btelm5j9qvr1b@corp.supernews.com>...
> I sure hope PSP and DS games aren't $49. Thats too much for portable games.
> I hope there $29 like GBA games are now.

To be frank - $29 for a GBA game seems way over-priced. They're
considerably smaller in scope that console games, and must surely only
require a fraction of the cost to develop. Anybody have any evidence
that contradicts my assumption?
Anonymous
June 4, 2004 11:31:58 PM

"stankley" <pstankley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Monkey" <gameace@ncweb.com> wrote in message
> > I sure hope PSP and DS games aren't $49. Thats too much for portable
games.
> > I hope there $29 like GBA games are now.
> >

> To be frank - $29 for a GBA game seems way over-priced. They're
> considerably smaller in scope that console games, and must surely only
> require a fraction of the cost to develop. Anybody have any evidence
> that contradicts my assumption?

Chipsets.
Anonymous
June 5, 2004 12:32:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"stankley" <pstankley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Monkey" <gameace@ncweb.com> wrote in message
> > I sure hope PSP and DS games aren't $49. Thats too much for portable
games.
> > I hope there $29 like GBA games are now.
> >

> To be frank - $29 for a GBA game seems way over-priced. They're
> considerably smaller in scope that console games, and must surely only
> require a fraction of the cost to develop. Anybody have any evidence
> that contradicts my assumption?

Unlike CD's or DVD's, they are pretty expensive to manufacture, and it's
difficult to make new cartridges quickly if a game takes off. Apparently
the new DS card format does not share these problems.
Anonymous
June 5, 2004 2:15:05 AM

In alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 El Guapo <plethora@pinatas.com> wrote:

> Unlike CD's or DVD's, they are pretty expensive to manufacture, and it's
> difficult to make new cartridges quickly if a game takes off. Apparently
> the new DS card format does not share these problems.

So, we'll see $20 games then? To be honest, I'd still have problems
paying even that much for most GBA games.
Anonymous
June 5, 2004 2:33:15 AM

"Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
> In alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 El Guapo <plethora@pinatas.com>
wrote:

> > Unlike CD's or DVD's, they are pretty expensive to manufacture, and it's
> > difficult to make new cartridges quickly if a game takes off.
Apparently
> > the new DS card format does not share these problems.
>
> So, we'll see $20 games then? To be honest, I'd still have problems
> paying even that much for most GBA games.

Chipsets. You find a cheaper way. GBA prices are pretty much
written in stone. And, reasonable, considering the amount of FUN
you have playing them. Now, put a price on FUN.
June 5, 2004 4:42:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

> Chipsets. You find a cheaper way. GBA prices are pretty much
> written in stone. And, reasonable, considering the amount of FUN
> you have playing them. Now, put a price on FUN.

15 cents...thats what a roll of caps cost me when I was kid. Ahhh....the good old days when a roll
of caps and a hammer would fill my ears with the ringing of joy.

-Chris
Anonymous
June 5, 2004 4:51:34 AM

"Chris" <c.dynak@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > Chipsets. You find a cheaper way. GBA prices are pretty much
> > written in stone. And, reasonable, considering the amount of FUN
> > you have playing them. Now, put a price on FUN.
>
> 15 cents...thats what a roll of caps cost me when I was kid. Ahhh....the
good old days when a roll
> of caps and a hammer would fill my ears with the ringing of joy.
>
> -Chris

Show me the proof of .15 chipsets.
June 5, 2004 5:38:00 AM

El Guapo <plethora@pinatas.com> wrote in message
> "stankley" <pstankley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > "Monkey" <gameace@ncweb.com> wrote in message
> > > I sure hope PSP and DS games aren't $49. Thats too much for portable
> games.
> > > I hope there $29 like GBA games are now.
> > >

> > To be frank - $29 for a GBA game seems way over-priced. They're
> > considerably smaller in scope that console games, and must surely only
> > require a fraction of the cost to develop. Anybody have any evidence
> > that contradicts my assumption?
>
> Unlike CD's or DVD's, they are pretty expensive to manufacture, and it's
> difficult to make new cartridges quickly if a game takes off. Apparently
> the new DS card format does not share these problems.

I doubt nintendo will pass the savings on to the consumer.
Anonymous
June 6, 2004 2:53:58 AM

>> > To be frank - $29 for a GBA game seems way over-priced. They're
>> > considerably smaller in scope that console games, and must surely
>> > only require a fraction of the cost to develop. Anybody have any
>> > evidence that contradicts my assumption?
>>
>> Unlike CD's or DVD's, they are pretty expensive to manufacture, and
>> it's difficult to make new cartridges quickly if a game takes off.
>> Apparently the new DS card format does not share these problems.
>
> I doubt nintendo will pass the savings on to the consumer.

Agreed, but they could afford to if push came to shove, which is
what will really matter when it's competing with the PSP/

--

Aaron J. Bossig

http://www.GodsLabRat.com
http://www.Daily-Reviews.com
Anonymous
June 6, 2004 5:32:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"Monkey" <gameace@ncweb.com> wrote in message

> El Guapo <plethora@pinatas.com> wrote in message
> > "stankley" <pstankley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > "Monkey" <gameace@ncweb.com> wrote in message
> > games.
> > > >

> > > To be frank - $29 for a GBA game seems way over-priced. They're
> > > considerably smaller in scope that console games, and must surely only
> > > require a fraction of the cost to develop. Anybody have any evidence
> > > that contradicts my assumption?
> >
> > Unlike CD's or DVD's, they are pretty expensive to manufacture, and it's
> > difficult to make new cartridges quickly if a game takes off.
Apparently
> > the new DS card format does not share these problems.
>
> I doubt nintendo will pass the savings on to the consumer.

Probably not, but the savings will be passed on to the publishers and
developers, and that is a very good thing. It should also allow publishers
to release simpler, value priced games at a lower price point. Also, if
cartridge costs are low enough, I don't see why there couldn't be a
"greatest hits" lineup at some point. I'm sure Sony will eventually do that
with the PSP.
June 7, 2004 11:53:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

> > 15 cents...thats what a roll of caps cost me when I was kid. Ahhh....the
> good old days when a roll
> > of caps and a hammer would fill my ears with the ringing of joy.
> >
> > -Chris
>
> Show me the proof of .15 chipsets.

I was just putting a price on fun...as you asked. I don't know what chipsets cost. I do have fun
playing my GBA it just costs me more than 15 cents.

-Chris
Anonymous
June 13, 2004 10:20:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

> > "R420" <radeonr420@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > [EBGames]
> > [SNIP]
> >
> > This is just placeholder text, and not actual confirmation that either PSP
> > or DS games will be priced at $49.99.

Kind of surprising since a lot of the games they're just porting over,
it's not like there starting from the ground up. Which are you leaning
toward buying DS or PSP? I was looking at the DS and I almost skeeted
by self just looking at the Mario game. I need to see the PSP
selection, but as of now I'm leaning toward the DS.
Anonymous
June 15, 2004 12:25:57 AM

"Shadow" <geminivi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > "R420" <radeonr420@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > [SNIP]
> > >
> > > This is just placeholder text, and not actual confirmation that either
PSP
> > > or DS games will be priced at $49.99.
> > >

> Kind of surprising since a lot of the games they're just porting over,
> it's not like there starting from the ground up. Which are you leaning
> toward buying DS or PSP? I was looking at the DS and I almost skeeted
> by self just looking at the Mario game. I need to see the PSP
> selection, but as of now I'm leaning toward the DS.

Really, I have a feeling a great deal of the employed gaming population
would probably buy both since there is such a large release gap and they are
two different entities.
!