Is This PC Build Good?URGENT!!!!

zyx410

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
Hi everyone,

URGENT! I am planning to upgrade to a better, faster desktop (my one im using now has AMD sempron 1.8ghz and 256mb ddr memory lol its like 6 years old and freezes every 2min) so I was wondering if this pc build from http://www.extremepc.co.nz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=134_265&products_id=4264 would be good quality, suitable for my needs and if all the parts would be 'friendly' to each other.

I would purchase one from other good custom pc builders e.g. cyberpower but because I live in New Zealand the shipping would be $200+ and i dont wanna waste that much money just on postage.

I will be using it for light to moderate gaming, document processing, moderate to heavy internet browsing, listening to music, and watching videos(through internet and without). I'm kinda noobish when it comes to computer stuff.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

Pherule

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
Yeah it's not bad. I've played Crysis on 5550 graphics on medium quality HD 1080p resolution without lag so if you're just getting that system for 'moderate' gaming then the 5570 should do just fine, though it is somewhat underpowered compared with the CPU. Oh they seem to be listing the 5570 as 2GB but I think that is BS, it's probably only a 1GB card.

I should probably warn you that the website you link to shows as red (dangerous) in WOT, so you may want to:

a - get the WOT addon so you don't make that mistake in future.
b - use a different website for your purchase because that one could be risky

I like extreme pc and have bought from them in the past .

BUT

it worries me that they dont give a parts list for that computer .
Showing a pic of a corsair psu ... but what psu is actually in the thing ?
They show a sound card like its a feature ... yet it uses the [ probably perfectly good ] onboard
Which 1.5 terabyte hard drive? Some are lots better than others

At those prices theres no way they used the brands pictured .
Id want a list of each component before I would consider it .

Im not sure what WOT that Pherule mentions is . The site is fine . Theyre a decent enough seller but if you go in to their shops in Auckland be aware the shop price and internet price can be different

cobra5000

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2008
You could do WAY better in that 800-900 price range. A builders package from Newegg would BLOW this thing out of the water. If you need a pre built, there has to be some better options available at logicbuy.com or amazon, pfft... i bet you could get a better DELL for that money. Please, do some more looking, it will be worth it. I would't go less than a i5 2500 and the 5570 is pretty pathetic for a rig just south of a grand.

zyx410

Distinguished
May 7, 2011

Hi there,
thanks for the speedy reply. I don't know what WOT is, but that isnt a problem, as there is a physical shop quite near to me. Yeah thats what I thought when I saw 2gb, cos at that size they usually come with a big sized price tag as well. I think I might buy this pc, although I hope I can view inside the case before I buy it.
Is the 1gb case still good anyway?Just in case you are right....

zyx410

Distinguished
May 7, 2011

Hi there,
Thanks for the fast reply. yeah I thought it was a bit too cheap to be true as well, but hopefully when I go to purchase it, theyll let me look inside the case or at least see a list of the components.
idk what hes talkn about either lol.

zyx410

Distinguished
May 7, 2011

Hi there,
Thanks for the fast reply. yeah I thought it was a bit too cheap to be true as well, but hopefully when I go to purchase it, theyll let me look inside the case or at least see a list of the components.
idk what hes talking about either lol.

zyx410

Distinguished
May 7, 2011

Hi,
Thanks for the fast reply. I just looked on those websites but all of the prices I saw were pretty juggled - some were cheaper and others more expensive. But I must still bear in mind the shipping costs as well as the different currencies, so most of the pcs I saw were more expensive. I think that Ill still keep looking around though.

sleapeasy

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
In the last 9 years i have bought 3 computers. 1 from CP, built one, and custompcandrepairs was my last one. I saw good posts on here about them so i tried them. Building it myself was the mot satisfying, yet time consuming. CP was nothig but a headache with a mediocre product, and custompcandrepairs was the easiest most hassle free way. Building it yourself will be a little cheaper but not by much.

Pherule

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010

1GB case? You mean the 1GB card? It should be fine.

If you don't know what WOT is then you may want to have a look here: http://www.mywot.com/en/download

zyx410

Distinguished
May 7, 2011

Hi,
I'd rather not buy from overseas, and I don't have the know how to build a pc or the time.
I heard from one of my friends today and he told me that his friend had bought a desktop pc from them and he said that his friend really enjoys it now. He also told me that they built the pc in front of him and he got to choose if he wanted to change some of the parts while it was being assembled.
I think I am gonna go ahead and buy that pc.

Thanks for the post!

zyx410

Distinguished
May 7, 2011

Hi again,

Yes I did mean card lol. That WOT thing seems helpful...I think I'll download it when I get a new pc.
I called and confirmed with them to see if it was 2gb and it is. I have also looked at some benchmarks for this, and I reckon this card is pretty good for mid-range gaming. But if I was planning to play dragon age, crysis and other games released between 2008-2011 do you think this would be suitable at normal and/or 720p resolution? Also, if a game is playing at 35fps, is that suitable? And one more(sorry), if I were to upgrade it to umm...lets say a 512mb gddr4 gpu would that be better?

Thanks

zyx410

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
Hi everyone, :hello:

I ended up buying it and it works great!!!!!!
thanks to all the people that helped me out here!

please close this thread..... :D