Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Maximus V Gene z77 or P8z77-m Pro??

Last response: in Motherboards
April 21, 2012 1:20:39 AM

Hi so for my new build I'm trying to choose between these two motherboards. Is the ROG board really worth the extra money? I'm looking to play games like Skyrim, BF3 and Hawx 2. I've read that the ROG board has a better soundcard but will that affect the digital output on the board as I have a 5.1 speaker setup but it can only connect through digital. Thanks a lot!

The build is copied from another thread:

"Hi! This is my first post on these forums. Firstly I'll talk about my situation, I live in HK but currently go to school in the UK, for this build i'm probably going to buy the majority of the parts in HK as I think they will be significantly cheaper unless you guys recommend otherwise

Build Date: July 2012

Parts I don't need:

Case - Can use my old case Foxconn 38Celcius (Can't find it online anywhere)
HDD - 500gb WD Caviar Blue
Screen - Viewsonic 19" 1680x1050
Keyboard and mouse - Logitech, X8 Sidewinder
Fans - 2x Noctua NF-R8, Probably going to buy another 120mm case fan

Parts I'm considering:

CPU - Ivy Bridge equivalent of i5-2500k
GPU - Sapphire 7870oc / Sapphire 7850oc
Motherboard - Asus P8Z77-m Pro (Has to be matx)
Powersupply - OCZ Modstream 600w (Preferably modular)
RAM - Anything you guys recommend, I am considering Corsair Vengance 2x4gb
SSD - Sandisk Extreme 120gb / OCZ Vertex 3 120gb
CPU Cooler - Corsair H80

Budget around 650 GBP / $1000 USD

I think the prices in HK may be slightly above the US prices so please bear that in mind "

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
April 21, 2012 2:17:32 AM

Just go for the normal Asus, tbh Rog boards are oiverpriced. You don't need alot of the stuff they have on there, unless you do extremem OC or things like that. Go for the p8z77 and save your some money.
April 21, 2012 3:22:16 AM

constepatdyak said:
Just go for the normal Asus, tbh Rog boards are oiverpriced. You don't need alot of the stuff they have on there, unless you do extremem OC or things like that. Go for the p8z77 and save your some money.

You're probably right, I might still get it if the price difference here in hk is less than $20
April 21, 2012 3:22:27 AM

Best answer selected by randomhkkid.
!