Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Creating a New Account on First Boot

Last response: in Windows 7
December 4, 2011 2:16:00 PM

Excuse the somewhat obscure title, but I couldn't think of a better way to describe what I want to do!

I'm building a new pc for a friend at the moment. Obviously I'll need to install Windows, Drivers and all of the updates etc. But after I've finished that I'd like to somehow make it so when my friend first boots up the PC it asks her to create a user account etc. Exactly as if she bought it from a shop and it's never been used. I'm not sure this is even possible, or how to do it.

Hopefully you understand what I'm trying to do since I'm not entirely sure how to phrase it correctly!

More about : creating account boot

Best solution

December 4, 2011 2:50:01 PM

eviledwin said:
Excuse the somewhat obscure title, but I couldn't think of a better way to describe what I want to do!

I'm building a new pc for a friend at the moment. Obviously I'll need to install Windows, Drivers and all of the updates etc. But after I've finished that I'd like to somehow make it so when my friend first boots up the PC it asks her to create a user account etc. Exactly as if she bought it from a shop and it's never been used. I'm not sure this is even possible, or how to do it.

Hopefully you understand what I'm trying to do since I'm not entirely sure how to phrase it correctly!

I believe this is what you're looking for: http://www.windows7news.com/2009/12/30/using-audit-mode...
December 4, 2011 3:36:17 PM

That looks to be it! I'll give it a whirl when I come to install Windows.

Thanks a lot.
Related resources
December 4, 2011 3:45:40 PM

eviledwin said:
That looks to be it! I'll give it a whirl when I come to install Windows.

Thanks a lot.

No problem, i would have explained it myself but it's so much easier to just give a link where's it's explained already. =)
December 11, 2011 7:30:56 AM

Best answer selected by eviledwin.
a b $ Windows 7
December 11, 2011 7:44:00 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr.
!