Sign in with
Your question

Asus k8v-mx frount usb how to connect

Last response: in Motherboards
April 21, 2012 7:56:58 AM

Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm using ASUS K8V-MX Motherboard and AMD Athlon processor. In my PC all back side USB port is working fine. But front USB port and audio port is not working. There is a wire from that port inside, but it is not connected to motherboard. I can see the USB connector in motherboad (USB56, USB78). Then there are four or five different colors of wires. I don't know which color wire to connect to which port. Any one please give me an idea to connect this. Thanks in advance.
a b V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
April 21, 2012 8:37:18 AM

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/sock754/K8V-MX/E233...

pg 1-24 and 1-25 will show you what pins are are for what. Unfortunately, if those wires are completely loose (vs bundled in a connector), you're reliant on writing on the wires or little individual connectors. If they're blank, then you will need to find the manual for your case to pair what the case manual says with this manual.
m
l
April 21, 2012 9:55:24 AM

Hi PSAUS,

Already I saw this PDF. In this PDF it mentioned the wire name as USB +5v, USB P7-, USB P7+, USB P8-, USB P8+, GND, GND. But in my PC in that wire it mentioned as PORT +, PORT -, GROUND, VCC etc... It doesn't mentioned any numeric value like 5,7,8 etc... That's why i'm confusing and in this PDF it does n't mentioned the color of the wire. If you have any other solution please let me know. Thanks for your above solution.

Regards,
Sreeram
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
April 21, 2012 11:05:10 AM

Ideally you need your case manual to translate the two. But if you don't have that, reply here with each of the wires names that you have in your case (don't need the color). I can't guarantee I can decypher, but I should be able to.
m
l
April 21, 2012 4:38:29 PM

psaus said:
Ideally you need your case manual to translate the two. But if you don't have that, reply here with each of the wires names that you have in your case (don't need the color). I can't guarantee I can decypher, but I should be able to.

Finally I connect the USB port front side. Using some calculation I connect it and its working fine. I have one more doubt, there are two various port in motherboard called USB56 & USB78. Which i have to connect the wire...? Currently i connect with USB56. Is it ok...?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
April 22, 2012 12:02:28 PM

If you only have 2 USB ports on the front of your case, you connected it properly. USB56 is for ports 5 & 6. USB78 could be used if you had 2 more ports on the front. Sounds like all is ok to me. :) 
m
l
April 28, 2012 8:37:57 AM

psaus said:
If you only have 2 USB ports on the front of your case, you connected it properly. USB56 is for ports 5 & 6. USB78 could be used if you had 2 more ports on the front. Sounds like all is ok to me. :) 

Yes I have two port only in front side. For Sound it is working, I connect the front side to back side (via inside the motherboard) and then I connect speaker wire front side.

I can't able to connect headphone and speaker at a time, this is the problem for me. At time, i want to connect speaker on frond side and headphone on back side. Is it possible.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
April 29, 2012 10:27:56 AM

If I understand correctly what you've done with the audio, I think the behavior is normal.
I have speakers in the back, headphone jack in the front. When I plug in the headphones in the front the speakers turn off. I think there is a settings change in Windows you can try, but I'm not 100% sure what this is.
If I've misunderstood, please clarify for me.
m
l
!