Should i use gts 250 for physx?

Tetsuiga

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
hi all,

i have a I7 965 EE 3.2, 12 gb corsair dominator 1600 mhz ram, 1 raptor for a hd, and a gtx 580, my question is would it be benificial for me to use my old gts 250 for physx ? ive heard of useing old cards in such a way and was wondering how to go about doing this or if it would even be useful.

Thanks in advance.

Tet

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Do you even have any games that make use of Physx?

Very few do, for example, Batman: Arkham Asylum and Mirror's Edge do, but very very little other games do. So if you're not gaming on any games that specifically make use of Physx, having that other 250 in there is just a waste.

If you insist on using a card for games that do in fact use Physx, then your 250 would be just fine.

galeener

Distinguished
If you want to use it for that it will be fine. If you really don't have any games that require it then it would just be in there as added heat and a power draw.
If you are going to use it then you but it in a spare slot connect the power to it and fire the system up go in to the display controls and select it as Physx. More details on this can be found at Nvidia if you wish .