Graphics card or display problems

wizard11m

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2011
All of a sudden my HP w1907 flat screen display is no longer clear. I am getting artifacts and halos (on small images and thumbnails ) that were not there before. Have a NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT graphics card and the above mentioned monitor. Notice the problem right after install Firefox 3.6.13, doubt that this is problem though. Any help would be appreciated.

danmax

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2008
I'm working on my sons dv6000. The screen gets grainy, wavy lines. He had vista 32bit loaded from the factory. I installed windows7 today, I noticed that the graphics although were not 100% but it was a lot better. I updated windows, went to nvidia's site & then, the screen started to look like it did before with vista. Another thing was prior to all these operating system changes, I had an external monitor hooked up & it looked 100% fine. Now I can't get a signal to the external monitor even though it shows up in the nvidia program. Long story short, I may try & wipe the hdd & reload windows, this time with no updates. I'm stumped here. I would have thought the GPU was going bad but when I had the external monitor hooked up the other day & it worked perfectly, I just started to assume that the screen inverter might be bad. Anyone with a idea on what I should try next, please post it cause I'm going nuts. BTW, I ran a diagnostic program "geek squad mri" & the graphics was fine. Dan

TRENDING THREADS