Sign in with
Your question

No audio in ASUS P5K SE

Last response: in Motherboards
April 21, 2012 10:46:47 AM

I have installed Windows 7 64-bit on ASUS P5K SE but the onboard audio doesn't work. The installation went fine and I installed all the drivers but there is no audio. Realtek High Definition Audio is in the Device Manager and says it is working properly. I uninstalled and reinstalled the audio drivers but still no sound. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

More about : audio asus p5k

a b V Motherboard
April 21, 2012 10:54:39 AM

Open your realteck program from the bottom right of the start bar. Double click on the folder on the top right. Tick "disable front panel jack detection".

It should work now.
April 21, 2012 11:00:57 AM

Thanks for your reply, shadow_city. I did as you suggested and I do have audio now but the problem is that it is very low. It seems to be playing audio from the front panel. The back panel is greyed out in the realtek program.
April 22, 2012 5:25:53 AM

Just bumping up this thread to see if anyone has an answer.

The analog audio(back panel) is greyed out in the realtek hd audio manager. The audio can't be heard if the speakers are in the light green socket in the back. The speakers only play when they are in the black socket(digital audio) but very, very low. The audio is coming from the front panel, I think.

The front panel in the realtek hd audio manager has both the headphones and the mic lighted up.
!