Sign in with
Your question

2 x 2GB Kit

Last response: in Motherboards
April 21, 2012 12:31:33 PM

Yep! Similar problem to david86 only I have 2 sticks of 1bg, fitted. I have just bought another 2 x 2gb sticks (Kit). Should I move the lessor to the B sockets or just fit the 2x2gb in the vacant sockets??

SOF

More about : 2gb kit

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 229 V Motherboard
April 21, 2012 2:05:52 PM

As long as they have identical specs, it should make no difference. Run memtest86+ for several hours to make sure there are no memory errors.
m
l
April 21, 2012 10:52:09 PM

GhislainG said:
As long as they have identical specs, it should make no difference. Run memtest86+ for several hours to make sure there are no memory errors.

I doubt they are the same spec's Chris, as the 2 1gb units are about 3 years old and the 2x2gb units are brand new and I believe Kingston have upgraded their product.. I suggest they be treated as individual pairs.

I would have thought that the 2x2 should act as the frontmen and the 2 x 1 units secondary?? That is just my thinking on the subject.

Regards
Ron (SOF)
m
l
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 229 V Motherboard
April 22, 2012 12:01:57 AM

You may have to set the timings and voltage manually, but it may not be necessary. What makes you think that the BIOS can't read the SPD from all modules and select the appropriate settings?
m
l
April 29, 2012 1:17:07 AM

Thanks GishlainG,
Right I can set this thing to rest.. I was mistaken about the RAM size, 2x2gb installed..
When the new RAM arrived I knew it looked something like what I remembered :-).
"Ha. Silly Me" :-) Having remembered (Some time later) That I had the old spec's in a box somewhere's I compared them Hyuk! Bloody things are identical to the point that the only difference between them is the paperwork is a shade or two lighter :-) :-) Now I have 4x2gb Kingston DDR2..

Ron
m
l
!