Sign in with
Your question

New 5870, tons of issues.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 1, 2011 11:17:49 PM

Hello everybody,

I just installed a second HD5870, installed the 11.2 driver and I am experiencing several issues.

First off, I am getting LOTS of screen tearing issues. I think it is from the 11.2 drivers, but I cannot be sure about that.

Second issue. Crossfire is enabled, but whenever I start a game (like Red Faction: Guerrilla for example) it only seems to be using the GPU off one card, not the second.

Should I revert back to old drivers (like 10.12)? Both cards are running but the second one doesn't seem to have any load (stays at 0%).

Halp!

More about : 5870 tons issues

March 1, 2011 11:20:42 PM

some games dont support crossfire, and also if u go above ur recommanded maximum

monitor refresh rate ull see tearing. also enabling vsync could help fix ur problem,

try using ur old drivers, might be a driver issue,
March 2, 2011 12:14:23 AM

Also, whenever I open Crysis, my monitor (Hanns-G 25" 1920x1080) has "Input signal out of range" plastered right in the center of the screen. I'm assuming this means refresh rate, but there isn't a way to change refresh rate in Crysis, what's the deal?
Related resources
March 2, 2011 12:25:47 AM

Oh, and it seems that the screen tearing issue only happens when CCC is open. I am noticing the second GPU being used now though, so other than screen tearing when CCC is open, the problems seemed to be user error (lol).
March 2, 2011 2:46:58 AM

Gave up and just reverted back to the 10.11 drivers. AMD seriously needs to fix their crappy drivers, they have been unusable for 3+ months.
March 2, 2011 7:16:03 PM

somethimes, driver issues are a problem, but in the real world u wont get perfect results, and somethimes new drivers will give u slower performance and ull need to revert to an older set of drivers, but somethimes new drivers will give u a boost in speed in certain apps and games,

it all depends
!