M/B tray interference problem

valuum

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011
Hey all, first time builder, just got my parts and have starting putting things together. My issue is that the backplate nuts of the hyper 212+ cooler that I have touches the mobo tray of my Haf 922 case. The motherboard I'm using is an MSI P67A G43 (LGA 1155). I've tried placing the backplate vertically (which is the way it seems like its supposed to go) and horizontally (which gives me the least interference), and in both configurations I get the same problem.

1. Does it matter which direction (vert or horiz) I assemble the backplate if both configurations fit the holes?

2. Does anyone have any solutions or suggestions? I was going to place the backplate horizontally, and then try to bend back part of the case with some pliers but Im hoping there's a better way.

Solution
G
I'm lost on the question. You're back plate orientation shouldn't matter a lick since your using a 1155 socket, and if I remember right, that's a perfect square. Just make sure your back plates insulating material (like a blue-film) is touching the motherboard so it won't ground out or damage any solder connections on the board itself.

If the nuts touch the mobo tray, so what? As long as your putting the motherboard on those brass stand offs you should be fine. Just don't go throwing the motherboard into the case without using stand offs, or your PC won't start (you'll be grounding out).

I hope that helps. Also, if possible, use the brass stand offs that came with your 922. I've ran into several different height stand offs and...
G

I'm lost on the question. You're back plate orientation shouldn't matter a lick since your using a 1155 socket, and if I remember right, that's a perfect square. Just make sure your back plates insulating material (like a blue-film) is touching the motherboard so it won't ground out or damage any solder connections on the board itself.

If the nuts touch the mobo tray, so what? As long as your putting the motherboard on those brass stand offs you should be fine. Just don't go throwing the motherboard into the case without using stand offs, or your PC won't start (you'll be grounding out).

I hope that helps. Also, if possible, use the brass stand offs that came with your 922. I've ran into several different height stand offs and it can make aligning the back I/O shield with your components a little tricky.

Solution

valuum

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011
Sorry if my post made no sense, I've been frazzled. But that definitely helps thank you! I definitely used the standoffs that came with the case. Knowing that there isn't any harm that can be done basically fixes my issue, thanks!