Monitor will not turn on

seatacwhat

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2011
Hello, a few days ago i tried to wake my computer from stand by. it would not wake up. so i had to shut my system down and restart from power button. it happened few more times and i thought it may be from my hard drive only having about 1gig left on it. so i switched my hard drive to another one i had that has fresh copy of windows on it and worked when i had put the os on the drive. well when i tried booting up my system after putting new hard drive in my monitor will not come on. ive tried 2 different video cards. one is brand new not even a week old. i noticed that when booting up i dont hear the single beep that i usually hear when booting system up. all connections and power cords are hooked up right and everything else in the system is properly plugged in or mounted etc. any suggestions on what it may be?

read this guide maybe can help your problem :
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/page-261145_13_0.html

If your memory is not seated properly (not in), is damaged, or even absent altogether, this can cause major problems.

1. If you have no memory installed at all, some computers make no sounds and just show a black screen. Other computers go crazy and beep their head off. I am an expert at this one, as I build so my computers.
2. When your computer gets a black screen only sometimes, it usually means your ram is on the way out..For example if you boot your computer and it doesn’t work, then go back an hour later, and it does work, your memory is playing up. You can try taking the ram out, gently cleaning it with an antistatic cloth, and replacing it. This may solve your problem. If it does not, then you should try running your computer with another compatible stick of ram installed.