First time building for budget gaming

asdfgadsfz12

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
Approximate Purchase Date: Any time(can wait months if necessary for better parts)

Budget Range: $1000 and $300 for a monitor or $1300 total (can spend a little extra if necessary for better parts)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, browsing

Parts Not Required: Need everything to have a working computer

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Amazon.com

Country of Origin: United States

Parts Preferences: Don't care as long as the performance is great and the reliability is excellent.

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Additional Comments: I would like a build that is scalable, so in the future I can easily upgrade parts. And would I need a wireless card or w/e for me to connect to my router wirelessly? Thanks in advance.

$1000 should just about allow for an i5-2500k/P67-based board (get one that is SLI/Crossfire capable), and a 6950 gpu....

As for the future, most i5/2500k cpus overlock to 4.5 GHz or higher, and a 2nd 6950 in Crossfire would be quite potent indeed if/when needed.

IdiotCoder

Distinguished
May 8, 2011

I second this. Catering for future SLI is what I will be doing with my first build. Just make sure you also buy a good brand SLI/Crossfire capable PSU!

asdfgadsfz12

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
Hehe okay thanks. I'll still be getting the 24 inch monitor you suggested before though since it's just 30$ or so more :D. And I already have a copy of Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit from college. Everything else looks great.