ASRock Problem

Waddap

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
Ok here my situation in quick steps.

My pc keeps freezing or getting power-blackouts.

Just changed the PSU, memtest86 and windows ramtest checkt the ram, used a different GPU so its not that either, HD neither and the CPU is pretty much brand new, the temperatures are absolutely gorgeous under pressure and under normal circumstances so I have absolutely no Idea whats causing the blackouts and/or the freezes.

Further, after the last blackout today I put in my new PSU as in a previous thread everyone ment that it can only be the PSU, well the blackouts and freezes still occur so its not that, and yes i have changed the power cable aswell.

So the problem thats new is the following, after I booted with the new PSU the PC spammed this message:

2012-04-22001351.jpg

Didn't matter if i pressed yes or no, the message would pop up all the time, and it looked like I would be holding my downarrow key pressed all the time which i didn't, i made a video of it which you can find here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6ObBCT2Zbs&feature=youtu.be

When my pc crashed again i just got into this weird bios menu without the message, yet it again looked like I was holding down my downarrow, which i ofc didn't, and I have no clue why I even got into this menu as I didn't press any buttons to get into bios.

I have absolutely no idea whats going on with my pc but i seriously need the help of some PC geniuses who actually know whats the problem and how they can help me, I'm open for anything, You can voice me, add me on icq or similar programs or just join on my pc with teamviewer to get it done, I don't care im seriously desperate.

The only thing the new psu got me is more trouble and I have no idea what options there are left for me, I had trouble with the pc from the beginning, now every single component is changed after a few years and I'm still having problems I just can't be bothered anymore for gods sake why can't my PC just work like its supposed to.

BTW performancewise the pc was bringing what it was supposed to, so no lack there.

Oh yeah, here are my specs:

Intel I5 2500k
ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
Corsair 8gb DDR3 1333 MHZ
Asus EAH5870
Coolermaster GX Lite 700W
750 GB Western Digital HD
LG BD Burner
Coolermaster HAF992

xunicronx

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2007
You may have tried this already, but I'll go ahead and ask anyway. Have you tried clearing the CMOS? Have you installed the latest drivers? How about Windows updates? Do you think it could be a virus? Have you tried flashing the BIOS (what BIOS version do you have)? No overclocking?

Waddap

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
No overclockings done so far (Waiting until i have to for the CPU)

TBH i havent done anything with the BIOS or the CMOS Yet not flashing no updating etc, but that might be a good idea.

Waddap

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
BTW sometimes when I boot up now, it again spams that message, and another problem, sometimes after booting my USB soundcard doesn't get noticed and I have no sound, not sure about the onboard one.

Waddap

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
Just flashed my bios (Went into bios, then instant flash, got the file from the usb selected and then pressed reboot in that selection - that should do it)

No change, uefi defaults message keeps getting spammed all over the place

neon neophyte

Splendid
BANNED
1) update the firmware/bios of your mobo. always very very important.

2) if that doesnt work, try taking out some additions which could be causing a hardware conflict. id start with the soundcard and anything additional plugged into your usb outside the basics. see if it still crashes then.

Waddap

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
Crashes occured with just mouse and keyboard attatched (Different ones tested)

Bios is flashed

Just used the Clear CMOS Button at the back of my computer, pc rebooted with the button shining and then i got into the bios again and that message kept spamming over my monitor.

Testing without all usbs, and/or hardwar etc would take a week and I need my pc pretty much every day so thats not an option.

/edit just did a manual Clear CMOS yet without removing the battery as my cmos battery is located beneath my CPU fan and to remove that I'd have to dissasemble my entire pc including my mainboard, and I'm not up for that, not again.

The message currently stays away, lets see if it comes back after the next crash, the bug that its like I would be holding down my downarrow key still continues.