'Refurbished' batteries? ? ?

I've been looking on eBay for a battery for my Pavilion ze5300 and I see
quite a few "refurbished" models that seem to come from reputable dealers.

They are priced quite low and there's a limited warranty.

Is it wise to buy a "refurbished" battery?
3 answers Last reply
More about refurbished batteries

    I'll continue the question to ask why I shouldn't open my battery pack and
    then replace the batteries with industrial cells? Is there a good reason why
    i shouldn't try?

    --
    Robert

    If you try it first I'll try it second!

    (Assuming, that is, that you don't blow up your laptop in the process!)

    Rob wrote:
    > I'll continue the question to ask why I shouldn't open my battery pack and
    > then replace the batteries with industrial cells? Is there a good reason why
    > i shouldn't try?

    What's the battery technology?
    What's an "industrial cell"?
    Where are you gonna buy 'em? At what cost?
    How are you gonna spot weld 'em together?
    How are you gonna reset the protection chip?
    How are you gonna measure the voltage, current, temperature
    over a wide range of charge conditions so you can make sure it won't
    blow up?
    A well designed battery system should be tolerant of battery variables.
    Problem is that many battery systems are NOT well designed and depend
    on the particular parameters of cells that were available a decade ago.

    mike

    ..
    Wanted 12" LCD for Compaq Armada 7770MT.
    MAKE THE OBVIOUS CHANGES TO THE LINK

Battery Laptops Product