Silverstone Fortress FT02B or RV02-evo

qasam

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Hi Guys

Looking to upgrade my Antec 902 case and the 2 cases im considering are the Silverstone Fortress FT02B or Raven RV02-evo.

From my understanding the RV02-evo has the same internals and fans to the Silverstone Fortress FT02B but costs £70.00 cheaper.

Now I understand the Silverstone Fortress FT02B is supposed to be the best air cooling case on the market, but the RV02-evo is near enough the same but costs £70.00 cheaper, money have could be spend on a 60gig SSD.

If you was going to purchase one of these cases, which one would you pick up?

prefer color black of ilverstone Fortress FT02B or Raven RV02-evo
SilverStone+Raven+RV02.jpg

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
Might be the best air cooling on the market, but really its only 3-4 degrees different.

I personally dont like the idea of having a totally backwards case. Cable management is messy and the window is on the opposite side.

If the only reason your getting it is for cooling, don't bother for the sake of a few degrees. If you genuinely really like the case and the layout of components inside, then pick which ever you like best.

Uther39

Distinguished
IMAG0094.jpg

Errr, no messy cable management to report here sir ??
As there is heaps of room for your cables behind the MB panel, and as all the cables plug into the top of the case it actually assists in tidying all external cables.

If you like both and have the money then the FT02 is the way to go, based on personal experience and opinion.

Petey1013

Distinguished
May 6, 2010
The FT02 and RV02 cool the same. The difference in them comes from the exterior styling (The FT02 is more refined, uses less plastic) as well as the fact that the FT02 comes with sound dampening material on the case.

Other then that, same performance. If looks and the sound dampening material don't matter to you, grab the RV02, it's a sweet case.

Uther39

Distinguished
"(The FT02 is more refined, uses less plastic)"

The FT02 does not use any plastic, and its cooling is slightly better than the RV02 (2c-4c), which is mainly down to its all Aluminium construction.

Petey1013

Distinguished
May 6, 2010

Ugh, do you own a FT02? Cause I do. There is some plastic, although barely anyway. And it's not all aluminum, it's got a lot of steel in there, it's no featherweight.

Uther39

Distinguished

Ugh yes i do, as in picture above, and what i meant was, aesthetics wise (externally), there is no plastic or steel on show.