Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
Please help. I am ready to die.

I just built a new computer:

Asus P8z68 Mobo
8Gb Gskill Ripjaw RAM
Seagate 7200 RPM 6.0 gbps Harddrive
EVGA Nvdia GTS 450

My problem has to do with my Blu Ray Burner. On my old system, I could burn a full Blu-Ray disc in 30 mins. On the machine above, it takes 1 hour and 40 minutes (without fail) to burn half a Blu Ray disc! I have a Liton Blu-Ray burner.

I have checked to make sure that DMA is enabled, I reinstalled windows, changed SATA configuration to IDE instead of AHCI, updated firmware in my Mobo and Burner, Tested my burner in my old computer (burns fast), I have changed the SATA Ports the drive is plugged into (it is plugged into the controller designated for optical drives), I have tried three separate batches of Blu-Ray discs (they work fine in my old computer), and updated all drivers.

I even bought a new LG burner and tried it. This one is detected, but it refused to burn. It would read just fine, but would not burn.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be? I've contacted tech support at Liteon, Asus, and Intel and none of them can help. If someone knows what this could be please tell me before I go insane.