Failure to update BIOS through Q-flash

the dukey

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
Just a few weeks ago when playing any type of audio through my computer a random kinda flickering sounds randomly play and its really annoying especially when playing music, it goes off every 3-10 seconds. and i figured maybe a bios update would help. im currently in the F5b version of my motherboards bios. and when i go to q-flash using a FAT32 formatted flash drive the flash drive (labeled i think as floppy-a) shows 0 files. and i have tried 2 different flash drives. is it that is isnt even showing the flash drives? and floppy a is my hard drive? any help is appreciated.
System specs:
970A-ud3 gigabyte motherboard
8gb ddr3 kingston RAM
OCZ zt psu 750w 80 plus bronze
radeon hd 6870
AMD FX-4100 Zambezi 3.6GHz quad core cpu
windows 7 64 bit

aicom

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
The flash drive shouldn't be labelled as floppy A. If that's the only drive available, then your BIOS doesn't see the USB flash drive. Look in the BIOS for an option called legacy USB and enable it. That will give the BIOS permission to take control of the USB controller and should allow it to see the flash drive. If that doesn't work try a different USB port.

the dukey

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
yes that feature was enabled. but by process of elimination i figured out that floppy a is both of the usb's. because i unplugged the usb before i restarted my pc and went into q-flash and it said no drives were found.

the dukey

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012

i replied.

the dukey

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012

okay ill get around to that sometime. now about this random kinda flickering/static sounds that plays randomly. is it the onboard audio? would getting a new sound card help?