Sign in with
Your question

Enable spdif w7pro dell e1505

Last response: in Components
August 5, 2011 12:56:44 PM

I have a Dell Inspiron E1505 with W7 Pro. I am trying to enable the SPDIF output thru the adapter cord(Dell 044CTV) as described in the manual. Manual written for original XP/OS. In W7 no option for SPDIF appears in control panel-sound-speakers HD audio device. There is an option under properties-advanced to adjust sample rate and bit depth, 16bit/41000hz to 24bit/192000hz, 10 choices. I have not bought the adapter cable and tested the output until I am sure I can enable SPDIF. Other forums have suggested using an older driver to enable the option. My Sigmatel audio Stac9200 internal audio card is using a Windows driver, ver. 6.1.7601.17514, some have suggested using the Sigmatel driver. I have tried to uninstall the Windows driver and install the Sigmatel with no success. Windows does'nt go away. I also use a USB connected DAC/headphone amp, some have suggested disabling that. I have spent many hours trying to figure this out, any help would be much appreciated. thanks
August 10, 2011 2:37:56 PM

satwilson said:
I have a Dell Inspiron E1505 with W7 Pro. I am trying to enable the SPDIF output thru the adapter cord(Dell 044CTV) as described in the manual. Manual written for original XP/OS. In W7 no option for SPDIF appears in control panel-sound-speakers HD audio device. There is an option under properties-advanced to adjust sample rate and bit depth, 16bit/41000hz to 24bit/192000hz, 10 choices. I have not bought the adapter cable and tested the output until I am sure I can enable SPDIF. Other forums have suggested using an older driver to enable the option. My Sigmatel audio Stac9200 internal audio card is using a Windows driver, ver. 6.1.7601.17514, some have suggested using the Sigmatel driver. I have tried to uninstall the Windows driver and install the Sigmatel with no success. Windows does'nt go away. I also use a USB connected DAC/headphone amp, some have suggested disabling that. I have spent many hours trying to figure this out, any help would be much appreciated. thanks

Update, finally found an older Stac9200 Vista driver, was able to install it and now have my SPDIF option back. Outboard DACS, SPDIF input here I come!
m
l
!