Sign in with
Your question

What kind of motherboard should I use now for build?

Tags:
  • Chipsets
  • Intel i5
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
April 22, 2012 4:52:33 PM

CPU v1: Intel Pentium G620
CPU v2: Intel i5-3570K

Mobo v1: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
Mobo v2: GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

Originally, I was planning on buying a Z68 mobo as I wait in anticipation for the i5-3570K which is the equivalent of the i5-2500k, but was about to buy an Intel Pentium G620 for temporary purposes [this was back in January]. Now, I still haven't bought neither parts and I haven't paid much attention to the new chipsets that are designed for Ivy Bridge. I've researched on them, and narrowed down my choices to Z68 and Z77. I plan on buying a SSD as a boot drive and for putting the programs and games I play majority of the time. Would it be worth it to pick up a Z77 mobo over the Z68 mobo for PCIe 3.0 support and official USB 3.0 support?

More about : kind motherboard build

April 22, 2012 6:25:50 PM

-bump-
I've narrowed it down to 5 motherboards, but need help finding out which would be best. Main use is gaming and over clocking. Future uses include rendering videos and 3d work with CAD. I am in no rush finding a graphics card yet, so don't worry about that.

- Asus P8Z77-V LX
- Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
- Asus P8Z77-V LE
- ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [currently has a $40 MIR which will expire on the 30th of April]
- Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H

I am from Canada, so the main places I usually do my computer shopping are NewEgg, CanadaComputers and TigerDirect. Preferably to get parts at either CanadaComputers or TigerDirect so I don't have to worry about shipping.
m
l
!