What do you guys think of EVGA Mobos

Cory23

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
Are they good and up to par with Asus and Gigabyte. I was looking at an X79 mobo from EVGA and i saw it was pretty pricey and was wondering if its worth it and if it has good quality

jrwizbang

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
My opinion on EVGA mother boards is that they look really nice, function great, but are not worth the money. You can get something just as good as some of the EVGA mother boards for half the price. There's nothing wrong with them and if you have a large amount of money to spend, by all means, go for an EVGA mother board. Generally, as far as mother boards go, you get what you pay for, but sometimes you don't need that much. Really what you are paying for with EVGA mother boards is their looks, and they are actually quite reliable. If you want to save some money though, you could get something much cheaper that is pretty much the same. What board in particular were you looking at?

LostInHardware

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
^-- I agree.
I think you can get a better bang for your buck with an Asus or Gigabyte mobo, if you're not only looking at iCore 7 LGA 2011 interface, I'm currently using an Asus Sabertooth P67, half the price of the EVGA and has thermal armor that helps control the airflow to cool things down.