ghost-0000

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
Hi. I have a corsair h50 cooler installed on my rig. Lately i've been having some random fps drops that i think are related to my cpu temperature. I use speedfan and it shows over 60c but keeps increasing until it affects gameplay. Fps go down to like 30 and after a minute or two goes back up to normal. My question is : can i make my h50 fan go faster to lower temps? They seem hi for this type of cooler. Thank you

Uther39

Distinguished
What Mobo are you using?
IS the CPU heatsink correctly mounted?
IS the thermal paste correctly applied?

Are you using any BIOS controlled software for you CPU Fan speed?
If so where is the Pump lead plaugged into and where is the fan lead plugged into?

its going pretty much flat out then--is the pump connector on a header that isnt contolled by the bios as its meant to be flat out all the time not slowed down by bios

and are you pulling air in to the radiator from outside the case or pushing air from the case into the radiator

thats the way corsair reccomend--though some people prefer to do it the opposite way or even put two fans on it in a push pull configuration

but as i said earlier the pump connector needs to be non bios controlled--ie not being slowed down by the bios--dont know if you have any software to check that--my gigabyte easy tune shows mine constantly at 1400rpm

bartad2ret

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
I had similar problems there. I have found the "push pull" method is best.
Hook your controls to molex connections for fans so they run full speed and check your temps then.
You will notice an increase during gaming regardless. 34c at idle is normal for me. E8400 @ 3.0 ghz but I will see the increase of about 10-15 deg while under load.
Also, which way do you have your airflow going over your radiator? Is it pullin into the case or venting out?

TRENDING THREADS