Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Which mother board should I get?

Last response: in Motherboards
April 22, 2012 9:00:31 PM

I can not quite decide on which mother board I should go with for my new build. Other components are GTX 570 HD, 8gb Corsair vengeance 1600Mhz, i5 2500k http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submi...

More about : mother board

April 22, 2012 9:54:32 PM

I asked for advice on which of those two is better. I never said I planned on SLI'ing the 570, and also, both of those boards work with sli and crossfire anyways. So if you wish to answer my question instead of linking me to a more expensive board be my guest....
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
April 22, 2012 9:58:16 PM

you only have 1 board in your link... Also, i was just trying to help, so there's no reason to be rude about it. Since you didn't clarify your future intentions, i wasn't sure if you'd considered it.

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
April 22, 2012 10:57:36 PM

Well, the link does not work still, but i did want to mention that Newegg doesn't guarantee the accessories on an open box product are still in the box, so that's a risk. It would be a dissapointment to get a motherboard and then realize you are missing one of the stand offs needed to install it or something of that nature. Not that it couldn't be replaced, just that it would be a pain and it would be at your own cost.
a b V Motherboard
April 22, 2012 10:58:30 PM

That Extreme 4 is a better board, but the risk of the open box is something you'll have to consider.
April 22, 2012 11:45:54 PM

Yeah I did consider the fact that it is an open box and was skeptical but figured that it might be worth the low price, but I think that I will go with the Z77 unless someone sways my opinion other wise.
April 23, 2012 12:34:59 AM

jrwizbang said:
Yeah I did consider the fact that it is an open box and was skeptical but figured that it might be worth the low price, but I think that I will go with the Z77 unless someone sways my opinion other wise.

This is a nice motherboard but I think you should go with an AM3+ CPU socket. I have nothing against intel and they make great processors, but you can get a great motherboard for half as much just because it dosn't support intel,and there are plenty of great AMD CPU's out there plus, most intel supporting mobo's won't accept OS' like Linux Ubuntu,and then Window's 7 is another hundred buck's so, just think about it
April 23, 2012 12:56:32 AM

tigerrider54 said:
This is a nice motherboard but I think you should go with an AM3+ CPU socket.
I encourage people to read every post in the thread thoroughly, especially the first one, seeing as I mentioned the fact that I have an i5-2500k, and just want an opinion on which out of the two boards that I linked to get, but have already decided anyways.
April 23, 2012 12:59:05 AM

Best answer selected by jrwizbang.
!