HELP System unstable+super hot Q6600

umbertix

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
Hi everyone, first of all sorry about my english.

recently I bought 8GB (4*2GB) of DDR3 Corsair 1600 at 9-9-9-24. all the same.

When i tryed first the computer doesnt started, I thinked that could be the memory voltage but it didn't started even whit the voltage stucked in 1.66.

I finally can get my system On changing the AI overclock option.
mail

Even if the overclock option is disable it works but the problem became on supper high temperature.

I have a BlueOrb to cold down the processor but the processor reach the 74ºC easy and the system became so unstable, even whit unexpected shut downs.

My motherboard is a Asus Striker Extreme II

So anybody have any clue about that mess?

basedv

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009

First are you using the additional small heat sink that comes for the North Bridge? If you are using Air cooling it states in the manual don't use it. I had a P5N-D with the Nvidia nForce 750I SLI chip-set and had the same problem removed the fan on the North bridge and reduced temps some not allot. Now I'm going to be honest I had allot of problems with this chip-set and heat related problems and blue screen of death. Running the same CPU as you. Have you reseated the CPU cooler with some good thermal compound? Do you have an additional dedicated fan on the case pulling the hot air out and one bring cool air in. These were all things I did to resolve the heat issue and got it down to about 40 C at idle load was about 60 C.

Also another thing is go in and manually set memory timings and voltages because by default the board will automatically set it and for some reason just didn't seem to work to well. Also go to the ASUS web site the have forms for specific mboards and can find good help there. I will have to say that the Nvidia chip-set with the Intel chip just didn't work right for me and won't buy another Nvidia chip-set with an Intel chip.

Hope this helps
Michael

umbertix

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
I have 1 fan of 12cm pulling air in and other 2 12cm,8cm, pulling it out.
I double checked the heat sink, and the aidditonal one for the north bridge cant feet cause the blueOrb.

The extrange thing is whit the old memory, 2GB 1333 DDR3 the cpu doent come so hot, there is any relation?

Colud be cause the frequency is higher?

Big_Papa_Smurf

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011
I personally would manually set the memory timings because if you use the automatic overclock to get the right memory timings this can also massively overclock the processor as well. Your mention of the old memory not causing the problems suggests it could be the above.

Another thing to check would be the QFAN settings in the bios to make sure they aren't set to off and also check your fans are actually running.

Because of your english not sure what you mean by "cant feet cause the blueOrb."

umbertix

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
SOLVED:

The problem was the linked frequency, when the mthrb gets to 1600 for the RAM the FSB speeded up to and it become in a overclock, thats why the processors gets to hot. I unliked the frequency and set manually the voltage and it seem to be working fine. Thx everyone for the answers.