Antec 300 - Whats so good about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dysania

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
Hey guys, I've been looking around to building a new gaming rig and I'm down to choosing my case.

My budget is aronud $50 - $60 for the case, and I know the Antec 300 is like a legend; its one of the most popular cases because its made by Antec, but why else? I've been looking at the Zalman Z9 plus, the Rosewill Destroyer and Challenger, and the Antec 300 Illusion.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm just wondering what makes the Antec 300 so good, popular and successful, and why should I choose it over the Rosewill Destroyer or the Z9 Plus?

Thanks for any help!

Solution
It is so popular because it was originally released at a time when there were few other contenders for good, high quality, feature rich budget cases.
It's still popular now because when the illusion goes on sale for $55, you get 2 more fans (4 total) and a good quality case with plenty of airflow. I've got one myself because of the minimalist style, I'm not a fan of a spaceship case (but maybe a car or tank would be nice :sarcastic: ) nor am I a fan of a window. Style aside there are better cases around the same full price of $70 for the illusion, with nice, better features like the z9 that is tool less, better cable management and a bottom vent for the psu. The destroyer is a good case too. They're all good choices and there are many more good cases. You just get the one you like the most.

lilotimz

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
Another thing is that it looks plain, works great for most setups, has excellent airflow (especially the illusion with 2 more tri cools), and has a good, solid feel to it. Not to mention that a lot of people, like me, tend to not want to go all out on LED or pretty stuff but rather have a case that works great, have a great price, good quality, and good airflow.

But it's really a matter of opinion since I don't exactly like LED's lighting up my room at all night long... and others may want to mod it because of it's minimalist looks.

Branden

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
i've got two antec 300s myself, and often suggest it when building machines for others.

i like them for 2 reasons: inexpensive for a case with a top fan, and it's simple styling (hate those cases that look like 80's boomboxes)

Status
Not open for further replies.