Sign in with
Your question
Closed

ASUS Mobo TPU Chip

Last response: in Motherboards
April 23, 2012 8:57:21 AM

The new TPU chip in the Asus motherboard is really awesome and easy to use for overclocking, just one click in the bios and the TPU chip overclocks your CPU for you to its maximum setting while ensuring system stability. But how many of you out there have used this motherboard "EZ Mode" function and how effective is the automatic overclocking, is the question I want to ask?

More about : asus mobo tpu chip

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
April 23, 2012 11:51:28 AM

automatic overclocking is good for noobs who dont know what they are doing. no you dont get the maximum setting, you will get a decent overclock but if you want the "maximum" you will have to tweak the bios settings yourself :p 

with automatic oc (i forgot how they call that feature in Asrock mobos) i got an automatic turbo oc of 4.8ghz on my 2550k, but to go higher i had to tweak the setings myself
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
April 23, 2012 12:04:04 PM

Automatic overclocks put too much voltage through your system. Not only are you not getting the maximum overclock you could be, you are putting more stress on your system at a lower speed.

Do yourself a favor and learn to overclock properly. Your system will thank you.
Score
Related resources
April 23, 2012 12:07:10 PM

this actually a real question or just an asus rep doing a survey to find out how their auto-overclocking fares against other companies? MSI oc genie on h55m-ed55 sucks dick. manual overclock is a breeze, 4.5ghz+ with an i3 550. oc genie overclock - won't boot or crashes before post, have to clear cmos just to get it to boot again. Lesson learned; don't trust auto overclocking with your expensive toys, do the research & do it properly yourself.
Score
April 24, 2012 1:46:02 AM

No not a Rep, just wanted to see if the auto overclocking is a good thing or a bad thing.
Score
April 24, 2012 1:46:21 AM

Best answer selected by PC Beginner.
Score
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b K Overclocking
a c 328 V Motherboard
April 24, 2012 1:53:32 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!