March 3, 2011 8:50:26 AM

My system:

HTPC>HDMI>LG HLB54S SoundBar>HDMI>Samsung Series 530 40" LCD TV

HTPC
AMD Phenom X4 9550 2.2GHz
Sapphire Radeon 5770
4GB (2x2) Kingston HyperX DDR2 1066MHz
OCZ Vertex 2 50GB

I've been reading various threads about this issue and the answer always seems to be to

"HEY BRO GOT THE SOLUTION FOR THAT ONE JUST GO TO CATALYST CENTER AND ADJUST THE SCALING TO LEVEL TO 0%.....

CCC>DISPLAY SETTING>RIGHT CLICK ON MONITOR SYMBOL WHICH IS AT THE BOTTOM>GO TO SCALING TAB>ADJUST THATS IT.................."

The problem is when I go to the display settings in CCC there are no monitors listed at the bottom. I'm guessing this is because the HTPC is connected to the soundbar. Any ideas on alternate ways of changing the scaling?

And FYI to those of you in Canada theres a great sale on these soundbars till tonight. Only $499, Reg $899 at Future Shop

More about : hdmi black border change scaling

a b U Graphics card
March 3, 2011 11:27:31 AM

Dumb question ...What the heck is a SoundBar?
m
l
February 12, 2015 3:08:19 PM

c_for said:
My system:

HTPC>HDMI>LG HLB54S SoundBar>HDMI>Samsung Series 530 40" LCD TV

HTPC
AMD Phenom X4 9550 2.2GHz
Sapphire Radeon 5770
4GB (2x2) Kingston HyperX DDR2 1066MHz
OCZ Vertex 2 50GB

I've been reading various threads about this issue and the answer always seems to be to

"HEY BRO GOT THE SOLUTION FOR THAT ONE JUST GO TO CATALYST CENTER AND ADJUST THE SCALING TO LEVEL TO 0%.....

CCC>DISPLAY SETTING>RIGHT CLICK ON MONITOR SYMBOL WHICH IS AT THE BOTTOM>GO TO SCALING TAB>ADJUST THATS IT.................."

The problem is when I go to the display settings in CCC there are no monitors listed at the bottom. I'm guessing this is because the HTPC is connected to the soundbar. Any ideas on alternate ways of changing the scaling?

And FYI to those of you in Canada theres a great sale on these soundbars till tonight. Only $499, Reg $899 at Future Shop

:S mmmm no thanks. I have over the years, only used ATI Cards. I have been on computers that had Nvidia cards in them and played on them so forth... b but never owned one. Quite a few thousand reasons why but enough of that, the real reason we're all here.... that 1" border which, yes! I HAVE... Damn thing. :/  Like many of you using the much better by far sorry to ay it but it is.... VGA! the 2XXX by 1XXX resolution, which does go higher then so called "HD" HDMI :p  pfff. At any rate I have to use HDMI as my VGA Cable... lets just say gave up the ghost. So here i am.
Now it's not so bad now but just a matter of yeah I'd really like to change it being that way.. but it none the less doesn't make it any harder to do anything in any regard. It's just really not a very good use of the HDMI feature. It should be taking up the full screen. On an auto sync but for some reason it is not maybe the monitor and drivers are conflicting idk. Also used HDMI with this same - card - ATI ... but on a different monitor.. So I know it is the monitor. :)  I have not update drivers, as it says they are up to date but am in the Process of doing just that. Why because of a lot of reasons... this one not being any of them, lol. Just because I could care less what HDMI does. But my monitor ... that's another story. Also HDMI has a much lower color scheme then VGA, the colors don't pop like they do with HDMI but that is what you get when adding in sound to a cable where ... it doesn't BELONG. I really wish they would have never done such a stupid thing... but ey what can you do.
m
l