Hector Ruiz to resign from Global Foundries

randomizer

Champion
Hector Ruiz, chairman of the GLOBALFOUNDRIES board of directors, will take a voluntary leave of absence effective immediately before resigning from the company in January, the company’s board announced today. Dr. Ruiz had submitted his resignation in September with an effective date of January 4th, 2010.

He will be replaced by Alan E. “Lanny” Ross, who will serve as interim chairman, effective immediately, until a permanent chairman has been appointed by the board.

http://www.globalfoundries.com/news/ruizsleave

A blue dress appears. Finger is pointed. Plans for attending own impeachment hearings crossed off the Dr.'s itineary.

jennyh

Splendid
Ruiz resigned, we still don't know the details. What we see is the way it should be done. If Ruiz resigned and is innocent, he'll be back, completely absolved and to fawning support I'm sure. IF he is guilty, he has also done the right thing, either that or GF has done the right thing first.

Neither AMD or GF is going to fight this in a sad attempt to gain credibility. There will be no appeals or anything like that. Notice the difference compared to the intel anti-trust case - just like I said would happen not even a week ago has been proven. This is how to run a business and win hearts. Watch AMD's share price go up and up over the coming days btw.

So wait a second, are you saying that AMD ARE EVIL!?

Also, Randomizer, you're supposed to let me post stuff like this (jkjk)

Don't think he'd resign if he was innocent, but maybe you're right and he was pressured out because some of the cash pockets or directors didn't like having the scandal.

jennyh

Splendid
Ruiz resigning is the very best way for him and the company regardless of his guilt because nothing says 'victim' more than a person who was presumed guilty, quit, then was absolved in court (or outside if it doesn't even get that far).

I think we all know that Ruiz isn't actually needed at AMD or GF or anywhere, and he's not gonna be missed either. So far, everybody involved has got it right but that doesn't mean it can't go horribly wrong either...this is AMD after all lol.

Upendra09

Distinguished

hey maybe ur prediction will come true now that Hector left

jennyh

Splendid
My prediction pretty much came true already last quarter, even though it was only 'AMD - the product company' that made a profit.

Ruiz staying or leaving wont make any difference...except maybe freeing up a high wage bill. Maybe this is what Hexus and Fudzilla were talking about with AMD's layoffs? :D

jennyh

Splendid
I do actually believe he is probably guilty of something now btw. I wasn't expecting action *this* quickly, and that leads me to believe that the evidence is probably incrimating.

There is also a pretty cold 'matter of fact' style language to the announcement that wouldnt be there if he was leaving voluntarily under normal circumstances.

So yeah, it doesn't look good from his personal pov, but Global Goundries and AMD are seen to be acting in a proper fashion so far.

Even if AMD is innocent he is just well, horrible. He is the reason why AMD sat on K8. hes the reason why AMD is losing money instead of making it.

He need to go for good.

I accept this position.

Yes, Intel processors may be "faster" but we all know that turbo is cheating. Also, i5 is a horrible choice because for the majority of users, you know, the 4+ graphics card users, there simply won't be enough bandwidth on the onboard PCIe controller.

AMD has innovative design techniques, such as the one we're using with Magny-Cours. Using this breakthrough we are able to make a multi-chip module. Intel doesn't have this technology, therefore AMD is superior. Intel uses inferior "Native" and "Real" processors.

Now that I'm an AMD employee I've got some good stock tips for whoever needs 'em!

We've been, or at least some of us have been rather level headed. We think it looks fishy, but acknowledge that they're merely accusations at this point. Although Hector resigning does say a lot.

However, when something bad about Intel comes out, even if it's just an accusation there are a small group of people here that take it as gospel truth and profess how evil Intel is.

Any suggestions that AMD is (or "are") evil are merely just mocking AMD fanboys.

I know... ;)

It's a (not particularly) veiled jab at our dear Jennay. 'Cos sure as the sun shines, were the situation reversed (s)he (as well as certain others, for sure) would be all over it like flies on roadkill. But instead we get a dismissal of the principal topic like it doesn't matter, followed by sweet praises about Hector's resignation like it somehow proves he's doing the right thing. <offers half eaten Box 'o Chocolates as compensation for the jab> Yet, the reality is that there are Prison Sentences attached to the other end of this. And believe me: If the SEC would send Martha Stewart to jail over $40K, then Mr. Ruiz and the rest of his friends have a lot to worry about.

I've stated elsewhere that (as far as I'm concerned) it's all just "Product"; and for the great majority of the consumer market only real thing separating the two is the color of the box the silicon ships in. And this little escapade falls in the 'proof of theory' category. The Fanboiz/galz just help make it that much more amusing to watch...

<...wonders if protection money paid to Neta or Barrio Azteca is tax deductable...>

jennyh

Splendid
Nah I think the difference is clear enough, ie Otellini is still there along with the other criminals in control at intel.

Still there, refusing to accept their punishment that is.

<laugh> :lol:

...she's right on cue! And still here, refusing to accept reality for what it is.

Why deny the obvious, child: Mr Ruiz is the one with the potential to go to prison. Not Mr Otellini. So you might want to revise your 'criminal' statement, lest someone step on your hyperbole. ;)