Solved

Quiet Gaming System ~$1200

Approximate Purchase Date: Within the next week or so

Budget Range: Roughly $1200 USD

Parts Not Required: Monitor, Mouse, Keyboard, Speakers, Sound Card, DVD, Storage HDD

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg/Amazon/etc are fine. I live in New Zealand so will be using the parts/prices as a guide for shopping here.

Overclocking: Maybe, i've never overclocked a system before so am rather hesitant to attempt it.

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe, what ever works out best.

Additional Comments:
Ok this comp will be mainly for gaming. The Witcher 2, Elder Scrolls: Skyrim are what i'm looking to be able to play maxed out.
But it also needs to be quiet as well.
I'm fine to attach aftermarket coolers to my CPU/GPU so that's fine. But i just hate having to crank up the fan speed when i play demanding games and listening to it make so much noise.

i also have a Cooler Master HAF ATX Mid Tower Case which i could use again possibly, but i'm fine getting a new one.

Thanks. ^.^
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about quiet gaming system 1200
  1. Best answer
    CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K $225

motherboard: ASUS P8P67 PRO $180

Graphics Card: MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II $250 $20MIR (x2 optional)

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) $95

PSU: CORSAIR HX Series 750W $140

SSD (optional): OCZ Vertex 2 $122

For 1200 you can go with picking up a SSD or getting 2 graphic cards. You can also try 6870s if you want to save 50ish on 2 cards.
  2. stay with nvidia if you are going intel also get the asrock p67 extreme4 just as good as asus but cheaper. also the pro has problems i've witnessed this personally than switched to the asrock. no problems.
  3. Intel and nvidia have nothing to do with each other.
  4. ok do you have a new p67 motherboard where in the preferred graphics slot it says nvidia? also if you intend to sli in the future crossfiring has more problems than sli sooooo.... :)
  5. hmm thanks Crewton.

I think i'll just end up upgrading my graphics card and get a SSD. The rest doesn't look too different to what i have atm.
  6. Best answer selected by teranosouras.
  7. what do u have
  8. I'll be able to post the exact specs when i get home from work. But from what i can remember:
    CPU: i5 - 750
    Ram: just some budget stuff, 4gb worth
    Graphics card: ATI 4850
    HDD: 2x Western Digital 500gb
    Mobo: some Asus one, has 2x PCI Express slots
    Soundcard: Asus Xonar DG
    Can't remember the brand/wattage of the PSU, but i remember it was good enough to run 2x 4850's in XFire.

I brought it ~18 months ago.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product