Sign in with
Your question

Please guide me choose the right graphics card with TV out

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 3, 2011 3:07:40 PM

Hello

I have a HDTV alongside with a standard TV. I need a graphics card that supports TV out. I need a component video out as my older TV (SDTV) doesn’t support HDMI input. I think with only one video out connector I will be able to have pictures on both TVs. Most of newer graphics card provide digital video out (HDMI) that doesn’t suit my needs. I need analogue component out. I have heard that windows 7 have difficulty with some ViVo card, so my graphics card must be relatively a modern one like Radeon HD series , I think (and also somehow cheap). What graphics card do you recommend for my need (that it’s TV out functionality is supported by Windows 7)?

Regards,
a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2011 1:35:01 AM

You don't specify what kind of card you need(PCIe, AGP, PCI) or what you want to use it for(games). Safest option seems to be a card with 7-pin S-Video output and component video adapter. Honestly though why have two TV's? You can't watch both and SDTV with 480i will be awful for text. Find a cheap monitor and use that with your HDTV instead.

EVGA 512-P3-N954-TR GeForce 9500 GT 512MB 128-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card $50
m
l
!