Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 usb quits working

Last response: in Motherboards
April 23, 2012 5:21:20 PM

I have a 3 week old Z68AP-D3. Only my Kensington trackball and Kensington keyboard for life are connected. Sometimes all the 6 rear usb ports quit working. I have no front ports connected. I then press the restart button on my case and instead of restarting my system shuts down. Then after starting up from the startup button the system will restart properly until the usb's quit working again.

Also, sometimes when starting up from power off the bios screen starts to load then the system powers off and starts up again. I read the Gigabyte sticky but didn't see my particular issues.

Might I have a faulty motherboard?
May 16, 2012 2:23:21 PM

I am having this exact same issue. A lot of reviews on NewEgg are also stating the same, along with the Boot Loop issue, random lock-ups on boot, etc.

Some of the reviews suggested a BIOS update, so I'm gonna try that next. If that fails, I'm taking this board in to be tested (only bought it on Sunday, TigerDirect will check it in-store for me).

I'll let you know how it goes and if the BIOS update works.

EDIT:

Feels a little better after the update. I was able to put my second RAM chip back in (it wouldn't play nice with 2 x 4GB). Goes from power on to loading Windows in seconds, USB works from boot again. Hopefully this lasts!
Score
May 16, 2012 4:09:23 PM

Nidht said:
I am having this exact same issue. A lot of reviews on NewEgg are also stating the same, along with the Boot Loop issue, random lock-ups on boot, etc.

Some of the reviews suggested a BIOS update, so I'm gonna try that next. If that fails, I'm taking this board in to be tested (only bought it on Sunday, TigerDirect will check it in-store for me).

I'll let you know how it goes and if the BIOS update works.

EDIT:

Feels a little better after the update. I was able to put my second RAM chip back in (it wouldn't play nice with 2 x 4GB). Goes from power on to loading Windows in seconds, USB works from boot again. Hopefully this lasts!

Glad your's is working. Mine didn't get better. I returned it to Newegg and replaced it with a MSI Z77-G43. I've had it for six days and not a single problem.
Score
Related resources
May 16, 2012 4:18:37 PM

Hopefully mine doesn't get any worse. Looking good so far.

Happy to hear your MSI is doing the job. =)
Score

Best solution

May 17, 2012 5:06:27 AM

I ended up returning this board today and grabbed an ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3. I must say I am loving the features on this board. No issues right out of the box, definitely looks and feels more solid. The BIOS is pretty awesome, too.
May 24, 2012 2:24:04 PM

Best answer selected by ddpaulbell.
Score
a c 328 V Motherboard
May 26, 2012 1:48:41 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!